DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Bring Back the Decoration of the Courtyard for Events

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I remember flip or deniz mentioning something about this and how it isn't possible to do anymore especially with how large the entire map is right now compared to pre-revelius.
I agree that the great hall courtyard was nice to see when it was decorated for events. Hopefully they can find a way to bring it back through warps for decorated courtyards.

rhia

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: auvrie
Serpent
I remember flip or deniz mentioning something about this and how it isn't possible to do anymore especially with how large the entire map is right now compared to pre-revelius.
I agree that the great hall courtyard was nice to see when it was decorated for events. Hopefully they can find a way to bring it back through warps for decorated courtyards.
^^ :)

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
Now im no game designer by any means but I thought it was just like a world restartt and theyd just load up a different world (with the decorated courtyard) instead and world restarts hapeen a lot anyway so idk Im probably wrong tho cause deniz seems pretty smart but I think like if its not possible wouldnt that make it not possible to make any semi-large changes to the world at all
but then again I can see it causing more problems but either way I think it be to cool to be back as it made sure people know that there was atleast *something* going on and it made the school actually feel connected to whatever event was taking place rather than just having the NPC randomly there

Last edited:

Pennox__

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Pennox__
Serpent
I can imagine it’s very time consuming having to keep building when a new occasion/event is implemented. But, I do miss the decorations as it used to really spruce up the place. The Courtyard looks bare these days.

Miss_Strudel

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Miss_Strudel
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Vampire Werewolf Lead Game Designer SPEW Lead
I miss them too and think having decorated courtyards generated a lot of hype for events. :( But sadly I don’t think this is something we’re able to do for the time being. The reason is that with revelius, the castle is a lot more full. There are npcs all over the place and many different blocks have functions when clicked. This makes it a lot more complicated to paste things in compared to when the castle was emptier. Though the courtyard itself doesn’t have much in it, all of the surrounding area does. So though I would be happy to see these come back at some point, I hope for now that we can make up for the lack of courtyard decorations by having the events take place at cool builds like Haunted Hollow, Mahounoshiro, and the newly updated Enchanted Valley.

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hia @llamaforpres, Psycho, Rhia, Matty, Pennox, Miss Strudel, and readers,

Thank you all for bringing your input to the table!

I will bring the idea to bring back the courtyard (event) decorations to my fellow poltergeists and this will, in turn, be shared with the appropriate departments. Once we have reached a decision, we will inform you here.

If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to reach out! Regardless, I wish you a wonderful day :heart:

Kind regards,
KipxSateee

Sunnya

Professor
Minecraft IGN: Sunnya
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
Another thing I do want to add is that we'll be doing a lot more things where players can travel to for celebrations and such. The most recent example of this being the Serpent Sanctuary build for the House Cup Celebration. We had this separate build made to have some sort of celebration and place for players to hang out without decorating the entire courtyard.

Llama

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: iSpitLikeALlama
Auralock Griffin Werewolf
Yeah I really liked that new type of event decoration where you are warping to a new world. It allows for much more creativity in terms of space. Sounds good.

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hi @Llama and others who left their feedback,

The leadership team has discussed your suggestion and has unfortunately decided to decline it.

As for why it is not a thing anymore, we do not want other players that are playing through the regular content to get affected or confused by the decor outside in the Great Hall courtyard. We like to keep the world consistent with the content and experience that we currently already have, aside from the events. If we decorate the courtyard for events, we feel that it would be out of place in the world. We prefer not to do this in the future.

However, we are not opposed to doing small builds in the courtyard, but nothing that would take up a lot of space or would be extremely distracting. We will look into adding this to future events, where we can. The main event build will still be in another location that you are teleported to. As mentioned by @Sunnya, we will look into creating these areas where players can travel to for celebrations and such to create a similar atmosphere.

If you have any questions or comments about this, please let me know. Regardless, I wish you all a wonderful day :heart:

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
As for why it is not a thing anymore, we do not want other players that are playing through the regular content to get affected or confused by the decor outside in the Great Hall courtyard. We like to keep the world consistent with the content and experience that we currently already have, aside from the events. If we decorate the courtyard for events, we feel that it would be out of place in the world. We prefer not to do this in the future.
like matty said in his new thread, you should reconsider this decision. I think the reactions during anniversary showed how much ppl missed this kind of stuff, especially now when you have a FYE world (which on the other hand is confusing on its own and its mostly empty)