DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Broom paths?

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I'll try to explain my vision. Imagine each town/location having some sort of a broom launchpad. From that place, you will be able to choose any nearby destination (for example if you are in Hogwarts, you can choose Antrum, Haggletown, Walden or Rushstone) and the way it would work is that you would go thru a flying course in order to get to the chosen destination. So the idea is to have this network of shortcuts between towns that would basically replace the need to fly over thousands of land in a straight line, and instead you would do a flying course, or several, depending on where youre going. Not only that this saves time, its also a form of flying practise, and it would make the exploration way more exciting. The paths would be both ways, which basically means the same course or a "path" is used in both directions. This would solve the issue of not having much flying practise areas in the world, the world itself would feel more filled and flying from town to town would be way more fun. Another thing that I would like to add is that the paths themselves, as I envision them, represent the area you would be flying over. So for example, Hogwarts - Haggletown would be a simple forest course, something that looks like the curse breaker elytra course. Or Ireland - Wigtown could be some fun course over the ocean, where the obstacles are like giant waves or sea creatures. Some paths could be underground as well, the options are really unlimited.

ForestSpy

New Magician
Nice idea! It would save so much time, while still maintaining the difficulty of navigating to a town. When I first got a broom, I had trouble getting used to how it worked, so this would help newer players learn. Sometimes when I am going to a new area for a quest or something, I just get so bored flying through endless landscaping. This would also solve the problem of how far some things are from each other.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I like the idea, though I'm unsure if every town should have a broom launchpad because a few towns are somewhat close by to each other. But if they ever plan on doing this and decided to have a launchpad in every town then I'd be fine with that.

I think it should be limited to a few select towns such as the larger towns - maybe Hogsworth, London, Tristmoor, Squalus Cove, Griffin's Hollow, Wigtown, Ireland, Haggleton, and Walden?

Maybe there could be two main towns that have a flying hub in them? Griffins Hollow and Hogsend? Griffins Hollow could connect to the towns on the southern half of the map whilst Hogsend connects to towns on the northern area
  • Griffin's Hollow
    • London
    • Portstead
    • Tristmoor
    • Squalus Cove
    • Wigtown
  • Hogsend
    • Haggleton
    • Antrum
    • Walden
    • Greenshore Harbour
Also, I think there has to be some type of quest so players can know where these launchpads are located. Maybe to unlock access to towns - could be a questline similar to the Rising Healer quests that spans through multiple levels. Maybe related to the Broomsmiths shop? Or replacing the Owlery and post office with people?

What if it was related to Reputations Tasks? Drop in a reputation NPC that requires you to travel to a different town to craft, cook, or fix something? Could probably add town shortcuts as a reward on the reputation taskboard? Maybe add it to the 2000 reputation reward where a player gets a town warp?

Though thinking about that, it may seem that broom paths could be redundant since there is that 2000 reputation town warp option. Then paying for firedust and walking into the fireplace which some players have mentioned they disliked because it was an extra step. Then the usual flying or walking.

I do think this idea by itself would be fun to see though. Gives players another travel option. Unsure how they would implement it and try to keep town fast travel balanced due to the town warp access from unlocking it in Reputations. I definitely think something like this should be done though, but after doing reputations just to get the fast travel warps for towns, I would probably use this broom thing once.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I think it should be limited to a few select towns such as the larger towns - maybe Hogsworth, London, Tristmoor, Squalus Cove, Griffin's Hollow, Wigtown, Ireland, Haggleton, and Walden?
yes, my idea is something like that, thats why i skipped hogsend in the hogwarts example. And the two main towns thing could work, as those paths would be both ways anyway. That could decrease the number of needed paths to only 9, if your list is correct.
What if it was related to Reputations Tasks? Drop in a reputation NPC that requires you to travel to a different town to craft, cook, or fix something? Could probably add town shortcuts as a reward on the reputation taskboard? Maybe add it to the 2000 reputation reward where a player gets a town warp?

Though thinking about that, it may seem that broom paths could be redundant since there is that 2000 reputation town warp option. Then paying for firedust and walking into the fireplace which some players have mentioned they disliked because it was an extra step. Then the usual flying or walking.
i wouldnt involve reputations into this. Those already have their own reward for travel, and many people do not do them.

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Hello, @Ivan_ !

Thank you for taking the time to create this suggestion, we really appreciate new ideas brought up by players. Unfortunately, we will be declining this suggestion. We like the idea, however, it would be a lot of work for Game Design to implement this. At the time, we are focusing on other projects and we don't believe this system would be used enough to be worth the effort.

Regardless, thank you for making this suggestion! I hope you have a wonderful day!