DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Bunch of suggestions

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
Hey everyone,
So basicly I have a bunch of suggestions that I would like to share with you. Since I have many, I will try to divide them into categories.

Spell changes (Sorry if I dont use the lore names in advance)

• Ventimus/Propulso - I feel like propulso is too strong compared to ventus. It's faster, it pushes further, it doesnt end the casters healing but it does end the opponent healing(unlike ventus) and it does more damage, even tho ventus is a higher level spell.
  • Fortifius - I feel like spells like expelliarmus and stupefy should end the effect that this spell gives.
  • Protellum (Protego Duo) - Instead of disappearing slowly, I feel like it should disappear right away or just not from bottom to top like it does now. Also I think that the shield should appear under or above the caster when used like it did before. I feel like the overall default amount of range should be increased a bit. The current amount is perfectly fine for smaller arenas like the halls one but in bigger arenas it seems too short even if we have extra range with our gear.
  • The poison, fire and other effects should do more damage as people stopped using the countering spells. I also think that we should have 32 instead of 30 spell points because the current cooldowns on those spells seem too high and thats another reason why people dont use them as much anymore.
  • Freezing spells should also be a bit buffed as they aren't used as much as before because they don't last long and spending points on them doesn't seem like a smart move.
Overall people focus on spells that do damage more than the effect that they have. And some spells like levosus or anti-appareo are still used because they do damage unlike levicorpus or petrificus totalus.

Minigames

I feel like elavator type of teleport should come back. People doing parkours, mazes and droppers for gold has drastically decreased.

• Hide and seek - maps should be more balanced. Library map is huge compared to some other ones for example.
  • Spell wars - Spells should have a longer range and more of them should do knockback. Only way to fight someone is if youre on same island as them which kinda doesnt make sense. Also because almost none of the spells do knockback, people arent scared of falling off while building bridges which is the whole point of a sky wars inspired game.
  • Bring 1vs1 dueling game back

Marketplace

Some of the items don't belong to any of the categories and because of that they simply don't show up.
Maybe we should have a category that will show up those items(old potions,robes etc.)

Travel system

Ive talked about this many times but I still dont see any bigger changes being made, even after so many people complained. After talking to a staff who replied to my last suggestion, I was told that someone from the high staff team wanted to change the travel system and I was told that they do want suggestions but not the ones involving more warps.

So instead of having more warps in our warp key, why dont we just have more warp keys with just one specific warp! For example the warp key (bag) that we all have could be for London. Then for example, for hogwarts we could have a warp key map(with the marauders map texture). Now you may wonder how do we get those warp keys? Well I thought it would be cool if the mobs dropped a new type of recipe - Warp key recipes. You would use those in crafting specific warp keys for each area. This way, people still need to explore, fight the mobs, get the recipes and then craft a whole warp key which would cost gold to do.

Custom housing sceneries

I thought this is a cool idea as the store sceneries are cool, but they are very limiting and there isnt many of them. This could also be bought in the store and it would allow the player to build their own scenery that they could use around their housing plot.

Player shops in Vertick alley

I think that it was way cooler when we were able to buy the whole shop/building and customize it instead of just having a NPC on a stand. Most of the buildings in Vertick alley arent even used, theyre just used as decoration. This would increase the number of player shops in Vertick alley, because as of right now the amount of those has decreased by a lot after revelius.

Music playing around the map

I always feel the nostalgia when I hear the minecraft music discs because they remind me so much of old potterworld. They created such a nice atmosphere around the map and I would really like if we have them back. Those small things can create such a difference!

That's all that I could think of as of right now. I hope that I didn't make this too long, and thats why I would probably do a part 2 in future. If you have any ideas of what we should add or change, please leave a comment
P.S. thanks to Pankakes for fixing the formatting on this thread

Last edited:

Joel Crestello

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Joelowo
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Ventimus/Propulso
- I completely agree, Propulso is superior in every aspect to Ventimus. Perhaps a few changes that could make Ventimus better is; it should push LESS up and do more ticks of damage (not more damage, just more ticks). This way it could almost become like an upgrade to Aquatimentum with it having more range and better control

Fortifius
- Stupeficus, maybe, because it does stop effects from Volo and Tripudio. Not expelliarmus though because that doesn't cancel the two spells mentioned, keep it for consistency

Protellum/Protellomo
- I definitely think the spells should degrade from top to bottom, not bottom to top. This extends its effectiveness as whilst it's running out it can still be used.

Range
- I'd say most aggressive playstyles tend to have lower ranges, and if that's not the case it probably should be. In that case, current range is ok to me and having gear specifically tailored to boost your range should be more of a playstyle benefit.

Poison/Fire/Effect Spells
- Agree on this point. Even with countering spells (which is mostly just Purificus, Renervo and the cleanse-it-all Finite) it feels like effect spells do little compared to straight-up damage spells. I would either give more effect spells impact damage or increase their overall power; its not worth using pure effect spells when you have spells that give effects AND do damage.

Spell Points
- I believe there was another suggestion made about this but I fully agree. Having an extra ~3 spell points would help a lot as even getting to the spells you want to focus on you have to spend spell points on spells you don't want.

Ivan_

Professor
Ventimus/Propulso
- I completely agree, Propulso is superior in every aspect to Ventimus. Perhaps a few changes that could make Ventimus better is; it should push LESS up and do more ticks of damage (not more damage, just more ticks). This way it could almost become like an upgrade to Aquatimentum with it having more range and better control

Fortifius
- Stupeficus, maybe, because it does stop effects from Volo and Tripudio. Not expelliarmus though because that doesn't cancel the two spells mentioned, keep it for consistency

Protellum/Protellomo
- I definitely think the spells should degrade from top to bottom, not bottom to top. This extends its effectiveness as whilst it's running out it can still be used.

Range
- I'd say most aggressive playstyles tend to have lower ranges, and if that's not the case it probably should be. In that case, current range is ok to me and having gear specifically tailored to boost your range should be more of a playstyle benefit.

Poison/Fire/Effect Spells
- Agree on this point. Even with countering spells (which is mostly just Purificus, Renervo and the cleanse-it-all Finite) it feels like effect spells do little compared to straight-up damage spells. I would either give more effect spells impact damage or increase their overall power; its not worth using pure effect spells when you have spells that give effects AND do damage.

Spell Points
- I believe there was another suggestion made about this but I fully agree. Having an extra ~3 spell points would help a lot as even getting to the spells you want to focus on you have to spend spell points on spells you don't want.
I agree with you. About ventus, more ticks would make it last longer which would also make it much better because as of right now, people apparate right away and the ventus is already over. About expelliarmus, I feel like this spell should end a lot of effects including volo,fortifius.. Because again compared to other spells like stupefy it doesnt do damage. To me it would make more sense if expelliarmus ended more effects than stupefy does. And lastly, about range, I personally have 40% more range on my gear set but I still think its short for bigger arenas. I remember that my range was way bigger before with talents when we had 1.5× range multiplier and that shouldnt be that much of a difference between 40% more range.

Joel Crestello

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Joelowo
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I agree with you. About ventus, more ticks would make it last longer which would also make it much better because as of right now, people apparate right away and the ventus is already over. About expelliarmus, I feel like this spell should end a lot of effects including volo,fortifius.. Because again compared to other spells like stupefy it doesnt do damage. To me it would make more sense if expelliarmus ended more effects than stupefy does. And lastly, about range, I personally have 40% more range on my gear set but I still think its short for bigger arenas. I remember that my range was way bigger before with talents when we had 1.5× range multiplier and that shouldnt be that much of a difference between 40% more range.
Maybe range could be increased for cast time spells or those which have a slower travel time. Doing 5k damage almost instantly from across an arena wouldn't be very cool :/

Ivan_

Professor
Maybe range could be increased for cast time spells or those which have a slower travel time. Doing 5k damage almost instantly from across an arena wouldn't be very cool :/
well for some reason casca has a HUGE range compared to other spells.. Cast time spells do have a longer range as of right now, but I would like to see a small increase for spells like ignatum, stupefy, recanto and such, as well as the cast time spells(because they should have a longer range overall)..

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello, @Ivan_!
Thank you for sharing your suggestions! I’ll bring it up to the staff team and send a response to you as soon as possible!
Have a great day!

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Sr. Poltergeist
Hey @Ivan_ !

Thank you for all of these suggestions, we really appreciate all the feedback and suggestions brought up by players! To address the suggestions in this thread we have some responses that will hopefully explain our decisions.

Spells: Since the posting of this thread we have made various changes to some of the spells listed. We have increased the use of both leviocorpum and paralotum. We also have made various changes to spells with debuffs, cooldowns, and of course made the drastic change from spell trees and spell points to talents.
We like the idea of fortifius being countered by expellimo and stupeficus, and will be looking into that for the future. In a future patch we will go through some of the spells that we feel are intended to be longer ranged spells, but don’t currently have a range to reflect that. Some we are considering currently include expellimo, confundo, and while not a combat spell, leviomora.
We have decided that we will not be changing protellomo. If it is used to cast above or below players, we see it as a potential way for people to break their fall, which is not the intention of the spell; the intention is to only block spells and mobs.

Minigames: While we won’t be adding the elevator back to the world, we are always working on adding more minigames to our world map to be played. We have also introduced minigames with fun twists, such as the Wizarding Joke Shop parkour.
We agree that minigame maps should be balanced, and we now aim to build all Hide and Seek maps to be roughly the same size. We have disabled the Library map and wish to revamp it before enabling it, and have plans to make the Vampire Manor map smaller too. We also think the newly introduced map rotation for minigames assists in players not being able to memorise maps for hide and seek.
We’re happy to say we’ve brought back 1v1 Arena as suggested in this thread!

Marketplace: We are not currently sure that a leftover category is possible because of the way our current marketplace works. However, we will look into it more as we do think it could be beneficial. We would also like to introduce an Events section for events items that can be sorted through during events.

Travel system: For the travel system, we have implemented a permanent Hogsworth warp and up to two extra warp points for the warp key. Around Hogsworth we have also implemented the Prefect travel system. Furthermore, there is a potential warp for every location through Reputation.

Custom housing sceneries:
For editing our own sceneries it does sound like a fun idea, but lets players generate an infinite amount of blocks. As this is a gameplay advantage it would go against EULA, so it’s not something we would look at adding to the store.

Player shops in Vertick alley: Vertick Alley shops is unfortunately not something we would look at doing either. As discussed here the system we had was very buggy and the Marketplace system we have now allows for players to have their own shop on their housing anyway.

Music playing around the map: We will not be implementing minecraft music to the server. We originally had plans to introduce an audio server where music would play as you travelled around the map. While, this project has been on hold, it is something we wish to do rather than to add music discs back.

Thank you once again for all of these suggestions and we apologize for the delayed response. I hope you have a magical day!