DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Butterbrew Event Tickets ⮕ Gold

Windows_Dog

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Windows_Dog
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Jr. Game Designer
Hey there!
Due to the final days of the Butterbrew Event, I was wondering if there was a possible chance of having the event tickets (the tickets you make from playing the carnival games) transferred into gold? I know this is a lot to ask for since Event tokens get transferred but players do have, in some games, a lot of the tickets that are just stockpiled and it would be nice to have them as gold.
Thank you,
Windows

Windows_Dog

Magician
Staff
Oh yeah sorry I meant to follow up on that, but I just feel like it would be too easy to farm gold that way and there are more pressing development concerns.
Oh without a doubt it's an easy way to farm gold, but it's also an incentive to partake in events. I do agree that there is more development concerns but this would be cool to see lol.

Zmiya

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Zmiy
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
I actually agree with this. Seeing as you can still farm event tokens after purchasing everything in the event store and then trade in your ETs for gold (or wait for them to be converted at the end of the event), I don't see why you shouldn't be able to do the same for the tickets. If the concern is that gold would be too farmable, then the ratio can be increased from 1:1 to something like 2:1 - 5:1? This type of thing is like a 5 to 10 minute job so "more pressing development concerns" wouldn't really be an issue here since any member on the GD team would be able to set this up.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
Hey there!
Due to the final days of the Butterbrew Event, I was wondering if there was a possible chance of having the event tickets (the tickets you make from playing the carnival games) transferred into gold? I know this is a lot to ask for since Event tokens get transferred but players do have, in some games, a lot of the tickets that are just stockpiled and it would be nice to have them as gold.
Thank you,
Windows
I also disagree. Tokens themselves are already super easy to get and very profitable (a single balloon pop game that lasts 10 seconds can earn u up to 40 tokens, which is 40 gold).

Windows_Dog

Magician
Staff
I also disagree. Tokens themselves are already super easy to get and very profitable (a single balloon pop game that lasts 10 seconds can earn u up to 40 tokens, which is 40 gold).
While certain carnival games give a lot of gold compared to others, I feel like incentivizing the event, because like what else makes players get pumped for anything, the GOLD + like experience if you are not level 80. Hence, having multiple sources for players to gain gold will not only excite the players but incentivize the event. If gold being farmable is a problem, as Zmiya stated, "then the ratio can be increased from 1:1 to something like 2:1 - 5:1?".

The number of coins is already capped at 6 per day which, in fairness is a pretty good compromise so players don't farm the tickets as of current.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
While certain carnival games give a lot of gold compared to others, I feel like incentivizing the event, because like what else makes players get pumped for anything, the GOLD + like experience if you are not level 80. Hence, having multiple sources for players to gain gold will not only excite the players but incentivize the event. If gold being farmable is a problem, as Zmiya stated, "then the ratio can be increased from 1:1 to something like 2:1 - 5:1?".

The number of coins is already capped at 6 per day which, in fairness is a pretty good compromise so players don't farm the tickets as of current.
economy is already broken af, we really dont need to buff gold income from games that are already very profitable from just tokens. Youre perfectly fine with buying the rewards with the tickets, and sell those for gold, if thats what youre after. Thats how a healthy economy should work.

Zmiya

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Zmiy
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
Assuming that the ratio might be 5:1 with, let's say, an average of 40 tickets earned from a game per ticket, you could earn ((40 / 5) * 6) event tokens per day per player which is 48 gold a day. Even in the economy from like 3 years ago where it was much healthier, that really isn't significant.

I also don't think that choosing not to implement a nice feature like this which drives incentive to keep playing the event will make even a small dent in further breaking the economy.

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello @Windows_Dog !!

This suggestion has been declined. This will not be implemented into this event as players could earn a lot of extra gold from this. The carnival ticket's purpose is only to purchase rewards from the event.

However, thank you for making this suggestion. We always appreciate them. I hope you have a wonderful day/night:serpent: