DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Can you change the color of either the HOUSING or the PM chat?

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
I don't know about anyone else, but I keep doing wrong chats by thinking a pm is a house message or a house message is a PM because of them being essentially the same color. Is there another color not being used currently we could change one of them to to make it more distinguishable with all the chats that go at once?

Appreciate you guys and the work you're putting in!

I agree with this, perhaps instead of changing to a different color, make the feature so that each person can choose their own chat's colors. Or, even, make specific people's chat color a certain color of choice when they talk. For example if I wanted to see Zadanthalion's chats in specific but we're not dming or in local, I could make his chat colors aqua, for example.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello everyone,
Thank you for your various suggestions!
I will now discuss your ideas with the other Poltergeists and we will inform you once a decision has been made.
Have a great day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello @Zadanthalion,

This suggestion has been declined, as we don't feel like the current setup for housing and PMs is confusing to a majority of the players. Likely the constant changing of colours would be more confusing. We therefore don't think it would be worth it to spend a lot of effort on this, if it's not really needed/something a majority of players see as an issue. If we see that this is a bigger issue, we will think about changing it, though that might be difficult due to the limited colors we have available.
However, we have changed the color of quest chat to be more obvious and different from global chat, as that was a fairly large issue, due to players not receiving help when needed.
As for suggestion of having customizable chat colors, that is something we might look into in the far future, as we do think it's a great concept and idea, but we currently have other priorities.

Thanks again for the suggestion and have a great day!