DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Caps

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Just a very quick suggestion.

When I send messages such as: Ok : D, it automatically removes all my caps and this happens: ok :d.

This is a very small but frustrating thing. My suggestion is to allow slightly more capitals, so that I can send smiling faces and not have it look weird. I know it's there to stop people spamming with full caps and being just purely annoying, but saying: Ok : D, is fine.

Thank you for reading :)

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
I know many servers who have a similar no excessive caps rule. What I think works best is that the system keeps the first capital letter of each word and replaces the others with lowercase. EX: HELLO I AM HERE will be changed to Hello I Am Here or OK : D will be changed to Ok : D . I understand that you can get around the system by spacing out the caps but to me that is a small compromise to make as there are already rules about purposefully exploiting filters.

Postscript: I would only want the above rules to take effect when the preexisting rules take effect. What I mean is something like "SELLING a bunch of stuff" would not be changed but HELLO will.

Aviforma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aviforma
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
Why are caps really banned anyways? If we can character spam and that's considered harmless, I'd say capital letters are the same?

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello Nyn,
Thanks a lot for your suggestion! We are always looking for ways to improve the server, so player suggestions and feedback are important to us.
I will now be bringing up your idea to the rest of the Poltergeist Team. We will discuss it and get back to you with a decision.
Have a great day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello @Nyn,

Thanks again for your suggestion :) We loved it and understand how annoying it can be, and have therefore decided to implement it. We've changed the caps filter slightly so that things like ": D", ":O" or ":S" will still work normally and we hope this will improve the situation!
Please feel free to make further suggestions in the future. We really appreciate them!

Have a wonderful day!