DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Capture The Flag

zZalt

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: za1ty
Staff Serpent Werewolf Arithmancer
A new tourney/challange idea: capture the flag. A game with two teams who has an object to defend and a base. The goal is to steal the other teams object and bring it to your own base and so you win. Thats the normal game, but I think we can spice it up with some magic. I feel like the maps could be so that you need to use utility spells such as evanesco, reducto and diffindo (old names) to get to the other teams object. Mobility and combat spells will aslo be well needed as its a pvp type of thing but with a different goal than to just defeat your enemy. I think this will aslo bring some tacticians forward as you have to make a good line up with attackers, utility, healers, defenders and so on. Im thinking smallest is a team of 3 or 4. I also feel like this would bring use to a lot of spells that people normally dont use such as revelum and disappearus maybe even animorphuses. Maybe call the flag a horcrux to stick with the hp theme.

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hia @zZalt and readers,

Thank you for bringing your suggestion to us!

I will bring your idea for a Capture The Flag tourney/challenge to my fellow poltergeists to get additional feedback. Your broad description is appreciated as this helps us to better understand what you are proposing. We will get back to you here once we have reached a decision! Keep an eye out for this thread to be up to date.

I wish you a wonderful day :heart:

Kind regards,
KipxSateee.

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hia zZalt,

Apologies for the wait. I have returned with our decision. Unfortunately, we have declined your suggestion. We feel that trying to create and run the technology for this idea would ultimately make the Challenge/Tournament too laggy, and therefore, not playable. We want these challenges to run smoothly, where this was not an option.

We did however really enjoyed the concept, i.e. the idea of a Capture The Flag (CTF) Tournament, but we are just not able to implement it in a way that would work. We hope you can understand that we have weighed in plenty of factors in this, coming to this conclusion. We, however, may be looking for using this idea for another aspect in the server, but we can't confirm that as of yet.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out. Regardless, I wish you a wonderful day :heart: