DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Cast Cooldowns in Event Games.

Mythological

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: MythicWoods
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
Hi!
I would like to start this off with that I am in love with the current event, honestly really glad I came back right when it started! It really is a lot of fun! There is only one problem that I have, and it seems a couple others have had it as well. With the influx of members that are on the server, and the amount of worlds that are open, the server tends to have small lag spikes, not big! Just very small, but- when they happen it makes it hard to do some of the Game Events. Like Elytra flying, you lag back a little, or easily lag and run into a wall- I don't have a solution for this one, but I figure the lag will eventually calm down. But, in Magic Parkour- it's very hard to use spells when the server lags and you use a spell correctly, and it just doesn't register that you hit the mark and you fall- losing your progress.

The only suggestion I have on that one- is the lower the cooldown times. I know Flippieus is only 3 seconds, but it takes less than 2 seconds for the platform to disappear after you have already stood on it. So, it becomes hard when the moment of lag- and having to recast come into play.

Besides that, I am so happy with this event! It's really cool, and very creative!! (I myself, am a greek myth lover- so this is right up my alley!)

Thank you guys! <3

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Heya @Mythological,

While this suggestion is no longer directly applicable as the Valentine's event has passed, we might include magical parkour in more events in the future, so we will still discuss this in regards to future events! I will bring up your idea to the rest of the Poltergeist Team and Leadership before we will get back to you with a decision.

Thank you for suggesting this and have a magical day o/

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again @Mythological,

After discussing your specific suggestion, we have unfortunately decided to decline it as the implementation of it is very difficult to do on players' own wands. However, we have accepted the general feedback behind your suggestion, and moving forwards in magical parkours players will only cast spells while on blocks that will not disappear. We hope this will help with the lag issues mentioned.

Once again thank you for bringing this up to us and have a wonderful day!