DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

CE's (again)

Allandrk

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Allandrk
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Poltergeist
Hello peeps, I already made a forum about this but I think I didn't make my point very clear. I'm upset about how CE's go nowadays. In the past people would go to CE, do fun activities together, get to know each other and then get ONE collectable for participating. Now almost everyone comes for the soul reason of getting collectables. There is way too many collectables and some are made "rare" as well. people started selling these for 10-30k right after CE.... Also once the people got their collectables they left right away. I saw around 20 people leave before the first activity even ended. I really don't mean any disrespect to the staff team for this because some people thought I did not see the efford put into it, I do. The stuff that is made up and build for CE is great really. The collectables just completely ruin it for me and every time I see the new CE dates, I already don't look forward to it. I really hope something can be changed about this because I am truly not the only one who hates that there is too many collectables.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
i agree to be honest, since like with the scarves during events, the collectibles become pretty meaningless because there are so many of them. It stops being about the memories to get that collectable and are only so expensive because there aren’t many of them.
I would say that I do usually find the games within the CE to be fun, so it doesn’t stop me attending, but they definitely have very little if anything to do with the actual community engagement like the first few were

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Heya @Allandrk,

As you say, this is the second thread you have made about this topic so it is a duplicate and I will mark it as such. However, when discussing the previous thread we also took a look at this one and have therefore also discussed the issue of too many & too expensively sold collectables in CEs.
As said in the previous thread we do not want to entirely remove collectables as we do want players to have something to remember the activities by and to get something for participating, but we have worked on reducing them since the April CEs and the collectables will not be tradeable in the future either.

Overall, thank you for the feedback on Community Engagement events and we will do our best to keep it in mind in the future!