DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Change cooldowns for bruisers in quabbleball

Tarrrahh

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Tarrrahh
Honeybadger
Hey there!

I'm pretty new to this server and love to play the mini games!

I think quabbleball at the moment however has a really unfair advantage towards experienced players. Experienced bruisers will often target one particular player meaning that you are not able to even get back on your broom because these players continuously keep hitting you so you can't fly at all.
This makes the game completely frustrating to play because you can't do anything and can't learn how to play the different positions or learn how to fly better as you are always being knocked off. It's not always easy to get enough players to actually play a game of quabbleball and I think this behavior really discourages new players from playing quabbleball because they can't get any better.

My suggestion is that the cooldowns on both bruiser abilities are longer so that newer players are able to get back on their brooms and at least try and fly away before the bruiser can hit them again. This hopefully will discourage bruisers from targeting one player as well so that everyone has the opportunity to get better at quabbleball!

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
The bruiser cooldown was recently lowered, and I doubt they'd lower it again.
I doubt they will lower it again, but a possible solution is to decrease the effectiveness of bruiser abilities for each time they are used on the same person. For example, the first time they are knocked off it could knock them off for 5 seconds, then 4, then 3, and so on with a 10 second cooldown without being hit to reset this timer.

Lizzie

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Rhines
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
If they lower it too much, they might make it so bruiser isn't really worth playing anymore. The main way to get out of this situation is by putting an attempt into dodging their first swipe the moment you get off the ground since it is fully possible to avoid getting grounded. However, grounding is one of the aspects of a bruiser that makes it effective, and I don't think completely getting rid of it would be a good idea.

Tarrrahh

New Magician
Honeybadger
If they lower it too much, they might make it so bruiser isn't really worth playing anymore. The main way to get out of this situation is by putting an attempt into dodging their first swipe the moment you get off the ground since it is fully possible to avoid getting grounded. However, grounding is one of the aspects of a bruiser that makes it effective, and I don't think completely getting rid of it would be a good idea.
I imagine more experienced players would have no trouble avoiding being grounded and also would be able to dodge in the way you described. But for newer players you can't dodge out of the way or avoid it in the first place because you don't have the skills yet.

And I think you are right, grounding is very effective tactic in playing the game. I think my point is that it is over-powered in what it can do at least in its present state. Maybe 30 seconds of being stunned on the ground would be fine, but spending most of the game stunned is pretty insane and is so completely frustrating that it discourages new people from playing and learning the game.

Tarrrahh

New Magician
Honeybadger
I doubt they will lower it again, but a possible solution is to decrease the effectiveness of bruiser abilities for each time they are used on the same person. For example, the first time they are knocked off it could knock them off for 5 seconds, then 4, then 3, and so on with a 10 second cooldown without being hit to reset this timer.
yep something like this would be really cool as it encourages bruisers to go for others players rather than just sitting on one player for the whole game.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
What I usually do when I try to evade Bruisers is to watch them and see when they enable their skills and time it so I would be able to evade them, whilst they are still on a cooldown, when trying to get back on my broom.

It's also good to just play in third person so you can see where they're coming from if you're flying. It's easier to evade them by doing that, especially if they get close enough to sweep you from your broom.

As far as cooling the Bruiser skills down or changing them, I would be opposed to them since I'm still getting used to the timing on the recent changes that they made.

dorothycheung

Magician
Minecraft IGN: dorothycheung
Raven
'spending most of the game stunned is pretty insane and is so completely frustrating that it discourages new people from playing and learning the game.'

I completely agree with this. I have played 300 games and still I got grounded and became frustrated. I mean I couldnt fly for a total of 1 min in the whole game. I have seen multiple people rage quitted in this situation.

The recent change in bruiser cooldown is better, Like I can fly for 10 sec in the whole game before to a min after. I have played before and after the cooldown change. But it doesn't help much once you are grounded. I have also seen other people grounded after the cooldown change.

I agree that hitting the same player repeatedly the cooldown can increase gradually.

I suggest bludgers be flying randomly around the arena like in canon. Bruisers cannot control the bludgers' directions 100%. They can knock people off broom, deflect bludgers with bat, but the bludgers fly around the arena by themselves.

Last edited:

Garrison

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Khails
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire VIP Werewolf DD Writer WizNetworker
Greetings, @Tarrrahh!

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit this suggestion! We are always looking for ideas that could be used to help improve the server. I'll bring your idea up with the staff team and we'll get back to you once we've reached a decision! If you have any other ideas, we'd encourage you to create more suggestions!

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
I don't think this will go ahead - as already mention, bruisers have already been nerfed. It doesn't seem like a big deal to those who don't bruise often, but those who do will notice this and another nerf right after it will just make people want to quit qb or stop bruising completely.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again everyone!

This suggestion has been accepted, with a very long delay :c, and will be implemented with the quabbleball update. When quabbleball re-releases, the Bruiser Knockout (close-range) will have a slightly higher cooldown than previously.

Thank you for suggesting this and have a magical day <3