DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Change Hide and Seek Times

lillianlark

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: LillianLark
Serpent
After playing games upon games of hide and seek. I have noticed one big issue with the game:

The time allocated per round.

On purpose, the maps are randomized and voting isn't allowed (as per a prior post) because "players would only play the popular maps and the ones they like." One reason why certain maps are popular for hiders and some for seekers is because of how easy the map is.

For example, the map Greenhouse is an easier map for seekers while the map bank is an easier map for hiders.

For Greenhouse, the map is smaller and more compact along with having fewer hiding spots. I have noticed rounds here are over quite quickly and on the rarity the hiders win.

For Bank, the map is even larger and has a bunch of interesting hiding spots. I have noticed rounds here typically have the hiders winning.

The problem? Both of them have the same amount of time allocated per game - 5 minutes (plus 30 seconds of hiding time).

Let's use the Greenhouse map again as an example. If 3 or 4 minutes was allowed - due to its easiness on the seeker side - or even 2 and a half minutes, a huge difference would be made.

For a harder map like Bank, try increasing the time to 6 minutes or 5 and a half minutes. That smart bit of extra time would potentially allow for more games to be completed.

Players, if you have a similar opinion to me or like Hide and Seek just the way it is - write so in the comments!

Just keep everything a healthy discussion <3

lillianlark

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: LillianLark
Serpent
That’s a great idea Rebecca! From what I currently understand, maps such as Greenhouse and Phoenix Base are a tad bit easier for seekers while Bank and Library are easier for hiders. Luna’s Hovel seems to be right in the middle. If players vote on if they feel like certain maps are easier or harder, that might give light to which map times can be changed and for what reasons!

Matt Silvius

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: SLGMatt
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Heyo!

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll be bringing this up with the rest of the poltergeist team and get back to you as soon as we have a response! <3

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya, @lillianlark!

Thank you for taking the time creating this suggestion, as we appreciate looking for new ways to help improve the server and make it fun for everyone. I’ve come to inform you that your suggestion has unfortunately been declined after careful discussion amongst the staff team. There is the concern that players will likely not want to play on longer maps because they would receive rewards quicker when playing on shorter maps, which could increase the number of players who leave minigames during them.

This would also make the minigame harder to balance due to the difficulty of the map and the amount of time allocated to it. If longer maps go on for a long time, seekers could get frustrated, which leads to the concern that different map time lengths could confuse players too. Additionally, this would likely be difficult for our dev teams to set up successfully and would require a rework of the minigame and the minigame system.

Thank you again for making this suggestion, and I hope you have a lovely day!