DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Change Levels on Map

FlatJambo

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: FlatJambo
Honeybadger Auralock
So recently I got level 75 (yay) and looked on the map for mobs I could farm for XP. Lo and behold, there was Greenshore Harbor. It was my level. Perfect! However, when I went to travel there, I was unable to. You need to be an even higher level and complete a quest to do so. I know many are having the same problem with places like Ireland, where they are level 55 and are under the impression they can travel there because of the map. In reality, they have to be level 56 and complete a quest.

So, if the levels for each place on the map were changed, it would be less confusing. Maybe even add something about having to complete a quest to clear things up. I know going up by 5s and 10s is aesthetically pleasing, but it has only proven to be inconvenient and confusing.

In summary, change places like Ireland and Greenshore Harbor to the level you have to be to get there on the map, and not go by 5s.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya, @thatgirlskyyy!

Thank you for sharing your idea! We are always looking for new ways to improve the server. I’ll bring it up to the rest of the team for discussion, and I’ll have a response sent to you soon!

Have a nice day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya @thatgirlskyyy!

Thank you again for making your suggestion! I've returned with a response, and after careful discussion, your suggestion has unfortunately been declined. The reason for this is because we don't want to add quest requirements to the map, as it will end up becoming bulky, and it isn't a feature we would like to add. The level specified on the map is more of a level recommendation for combat and quests in the area. Additionally, all of the levels displayed on the map match with each other for aesthetic purposes. We will be changing the Ireland level requirement of the quests to more accurately match the map. If we were to change the Greenshore level requirement, we would have to drop the levels of all the quests in the area to match the new level requirement. This could end up contradicting the lore of the location, which we would like to avoid.

Thank you again and I hope you have a wonderful day!