DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Change Reset Tokens to Only Reset Level

Would you reset your character when the Revelius Update comes?

• Yes, using the current system.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Yes, but I would prefer/require the system to be changed.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
Currently, when you reset your character, every aspect is reset, including their spells, items, and gold. Many players, including myself, would like to experience levelling up (especially with the coming release of the Revelius Update), but don't want to lose their items and gold. I think it would be much better if there was an option to only reset your level. Keeping items and gold would not give experienced players who reset much of an advantage.

Gold is mostly only useful for buying brooms or doing professions more quickly, neither of which is a huge advantage. Brooms are quite handy when travelling quickly, but they don't give players a huge advantage or make it easier to progress. I understand that professions will be much more useful when the Revelius Update comes, and gold will most likely make it easier. However, if the player would not have reset and stayed as a graduate, they still would have that advantage. What difference does it make that they have that same advantage on a lower level account? The player already put in the time and effort to acquire gold as a graduate. It would be just as easy for them to progress with a large amount of gold as a level one as it would be for a level eighty.

Very few items let players get ahead, with the exception of previously mentioned brooms, portable ender chests, and possibly professions items and gear. Portable ender chests can be used to easily store items, but, like brooms, they don't help players progress more quickly. With professions items, it would not matter if a player kept them, because they could have just bought them from other players anyway. Gear could be a problem, and allow players to progress much more quickly because of the bonuses they give, and, unlike professions items, gear will be bound to the player. This can also be remedied by adding a minimum gear crafting level to use certain pieces of gear. It is bound anyway, so for players who did not reset this would not be much of a hassle, but it would prevent people from having high-powered gear on low-level players. With the issue of buying gear from server run shops, there could also be a minimum level system to prevent fast progression.

Thank you for taking the time to read through my long explanation, but I felt it was necessary to completely outline my ideas. I realize that I posted a suggestion similar to this a few days ago, but I think it is different enough and much more in-depth to justify creating a new thread.

Last edited:

Mateo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: daance
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent SPEW
Hiya, Scoobydoolego! Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately, after careful consideration, we will not be implementing this. Being able to keep gold and items that can be sold for gold, after resetting, would be very unfair for any other low-level player and would pose a huge advantage. Please stay tuned for the upcoming Revelius Q&A livestream for further insight.