DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Change the trade/phoenix color to a different orange

Cate

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Cateo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Hello all!

This isn't easy to explain so please bear with me: The bright orange used for Trade, HP, Phoenix, housing, etc.. is far too vibrant. Reason being is that it contains zero blue radiance. I can't explain why, but this color gives me such a bad headache that I have to leave my computer for a bit, especially when a lot of HP pop up at once, or when multiple phoenix members are talking at once.

I propose we use the color of Halloween or Mango. These colors are not as vibrant and therefore will save my already failing eyesight (please my eyesight is worse than my spelling errors and typing in the wrong chat).

The color we currently use is just called Orange. Incredibly vibrant as the RGB is: 255 165, 0. Notice how the blue is zero. I can't explain how it gives me a headache and hurts my eyes but it does, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

The colors I have in mind are:
Halloween, darker orange, not as vibrant. RGB is: 230, 108, 44
Mango, most preferable, kinda like a pink/orange look. RGB is: 255, 128, 64

Please take this into consideration as I think this could potentially damage my already damaged eyes..

I hope you all are doing well and staying safe!!
Best regards,
-Cate

Lizzie

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Rhines
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
Hello Cate c:

While I do agree the prefix is really bright, unfortunately, the colors are bound to a very limited amount of colors that Minecraft has. I believe this color is the only actual orange that you can use in the game, which is why it's used as the Phoenix title. You're unable to put custom colors into Minecraft, sadly :c

Chance

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: chancywancywoo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
While I do agree with you, there really aren't that many colors to choose from. I have deteriorating eyesight, so I understand where you're coming from. Like @Lizzie mentioned, you're unable to put custom colors in Minecraft.

I hope you'll be able to come up with a solution! :)

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello Cate c:

While I do agree the prefix is really bright, unfortunately, the colors are bound to a very limited amount of colors that Minecraft has. I believe this color is the only actual orange that you can use in the game, which is why it's used as the Phoenix title. You're unable to put custom colors into Minecraft, sadly :c
I'm sure there's a plugin that could make this happen. Idk- I'm trash with anything to do with tech ok
They could also make their own plugin idk

Cate

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Cateo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Maybe as an alternative: we can change the color to a few things? Like instead of the trade and HP chat being this orange it can just be the Phoenix chat. HP could be the serpent green while maybe the trade chat can be a light blue?

I can see why phoenix’s could stay that orange, but I think the trade and hp chat could be a different color?

Grace

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Vampire SPEW
Hey, thank you so much for making a suggestion for the server!

I will bring this up with the Poltergeist team and respond with a decision once I receive more feedback for this idea. Again, thank you for your suggestion and have a great day. :)

SirCodalot

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: AkariCP
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower
In 1.16 a new feature was introduced that lets players create custom chat colors with RGB values, so we're not limited to the predefined colors anymore. But it'll probably take some time for the server to update to 1.16.

Also, since 1.13, it is possible to create custom chat characters with resource packs. I've seen it used for many creative things but I never explored this feature so I'm not sure, but it might be possible to create new colors with it.

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Heya Cate, and everyone who posted on this thread!

Thanks for coming to us with this suggestion and sorry for the delay in response! Unfortunately at this time we'll be declining this suggestion. We really like the idea of changing the chat colours to custom colours and that would be really cool to see, but that feature is sadly only available with 1.16. 1.16 won't be supported on the server for a while yet, as there is a lot that would need to do for the server to be able to support the version. While we are not able to change chat colours much right now and for a while, this is something that we would definitely do if we had the means to, and we will consider when we are able to do this in the far future. In terms of changing chat colours to Minecraft colours, that is also difficult because of the number of chats that we have and their various colours. Changing one chat colour could lead to it being difficult to read next to another chat, or making those chats a bit too bright, as seen with the recent quest chat change. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write up this idea! :heart: