DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Changes to Lacerum Incisis

Liz Frogg

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: cxrzyyy
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Class Design Poltergeist Engineer Intern
Recently, I’ve noticed Gauntlet has become a lot harder. After playing it a few times, it has become clear that the amount of damage that Lacerum does to the individual bosses has decreased. This has caused two main problems. The first is that Gauntlet now takes too long and is too difficult to complete. The second is that Lacefum isn’t an extremely effective spell for Gauntlet anymore. This is odd to me since you get the spell from killing the bosses to get Soul Essence. Why would the spell you get from Gauntlet no longer be what helps most to defeat the challenge?
On one of my first runs, after I began noticing these changes, it took over 35 minutes to get past Enchantress with a group that could normally do it in less than 5. I can see why it would be changed so that it takes more than 5 minutes, but 35 for the first boss is excessive.
My suggestion is that you make Lacerum do more damage again. Even if it isn’t as much as it originally did, right now it isn’t enough. I also am wondering if Gauntlet was tested with these new changes as I can’t see 3 people completing it in under an hour now.

Thank you for considering my suggestion. I really feel as if Gauntlet would be more fun for everyone if Lacerum did more damage again.

Yellow_Flower

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: TheVirgoKid101
Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Recently, I’ve noticed Gauntlet has become a lot harder. After playing it a few times, it has become clear that the amount of damage that Lacerum does to the individual bosses has decreased. This has caused two main problems. The first is that Gauntlet now takes too long and is too difficult to complete. The second is that Lacefum isn’t an extremely effective spell for Gauntlet anymore. This is odd to me since you get the spell from killing the bosses to get Soul Essence. Why would the spell you get from Gauntlet no longer be what helps most to defeat the challenge?
On one of my first runs, after I began noticing these changes, it took over 35 minutes to get past Enchantress with a group that could normally do it in less than 5. I can see why it would be changed so that it takes more than 5 minutes, but 35 for the first boss is excessive.
My suggestion is that you make Lacerum do more damage again. Even if it isn’t as much as it originally did, right now it isn’t enough. I also am wondering if Gauntlet was tested with these new changes as I can’t see 3 people completing it in under an hour now.

Thank you for considering my suggestion. I really feel as if Gauntlet would be more fun for everyone if Lacerum did more damage again.
I miss the old gauntlet where is was easier. They need to make it harder, not longer. Like maybe add more mini Bosses, just don’t make bosses take even longer to kill.

Charcole

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: ColeTheCapybara
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
I personally still find Lacerum to be really strong in PvP, so I am wary about buffing it for gauntlet use. But I have not done any gauntlets using Lacerum since I do not have the spell, so I cannot speak to that side of things.

suzie

Notable Magician
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: 20zuzka04
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Prefect SPEW Sr. Poltergeist Drooble's Order
Hello @CarzyLizard!
Thank you so much for submitting this suggestion! We love seeing your thoughts and ideas. I will now discuss your suggestion with with the rest of Poltergeist team! I will get more feedback on this. I will come back to you as soon as possible once we have reached a decision!

Thank you again for submitting this idea and I hope you have an amazing day!

ahsvybes

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: ahsvybes
Auralock Phoenix Serpent
I personally still find Lacerum to be really strong in PvP, so I am wary about buffing it for gauntlet use. But I have not done any gauntlets using Lacerum since I do not have the spell, so I cannot speak to that side of things.
I think that Lacerum and Dueling needs a fix but Lacerum is a vital spell in the Gauntlet that helps us shred bosses. Without it's damage, Lacerum is useless and the Gauntlet is significantly more difficult to complete. Ultimately - Lacerum IS a Gauntlet spell (you get it from playing gauntlet and it was the most important spell in the game). We all know Duelers typically go for Jinx, so Lace is OP but it needs to be OP.

suzie

Notable Magician
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: 20zuzka04
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Prefect SPEW Sr. Poltergeist Drooble's Order
Hi again @CarzyLizard !

This suggestion has sadly been declined. Lacerum was really OP before and was a really high amount of damage compared to the other spell amounts. Generally we do want Lacerum to do more damage than other spells, but it was too much compared to other spells. This huge gap makes other spells seem useless in comparison and it makes it a bit boring to spam the same spell over and over. Lacerum was never intended to be a "gauntlet spell" that makes playing gauntlets significantly easier, it was just supposed to be another cool spell that you could get from playing gauntlets that has high damage. We'd prefer to simply make the dungeon easier by editing the bosses health or lowering damage on their skills that may be making gauntlet more difficult. Making changes to the gauntlet or specific mobs when an issue pertains to only PVE is preferred because editing spells also affects PVP. Increasing the damage of Lacerum would make it even more powerful and from an arena standpoint, it would likely be way too overpowered in dueling.

Regardless, thank you for creating this suggestion and we hope you have a wonderful day!