DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Chest viewing in housings

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
It would be super useful and cool if we would be able to allow people to look inside our chests without being able to take the items out - even if they are/aren't residents. This would have many benefits.
1. It would allow collectors to look inside other people's chest without being a resident, so that they see if they want to buy anything
2. If would allow you as a possible seller to allow others to look in your chests without them being able to mess up with your items.
3. It provides safety for your items, if you want to have other residents for building or something, but don't want them to be able to take stuff from your chests
4. A new way to showcase your items rather than putting them in item frames, which are very laggy and you can have only about 200 before your housing starts to be very laggy (tested)
5. You're not online and someone can check if/what items you have

Wildsam

Animorphus
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Wildsam
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Class Helper Arena Grandmaster SPEW Drooble's Order
This is a fun idea ! Let's hope Minecraft's limitations can be overridden with plugins to allow such a thing.

Lynn

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Mireiia
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
I feel like this would be almost impossible to implement, but it's a cool idea. I hope it's possible!

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hellooo @Ivan_! Thank you for your suggestion. This is definitely a interesting suggestion, especially for traders. We're always looking for new and exciting ways to improve the server! I'm going to bring your suggestion up to the rest of the Poltergeist team for further feedback before a final decision is made. I'll eventually return with the final decision so please keep an eye out on this thread!:cool: Anywho! I hope you have a wonderful day!:serpent:

marmitemira

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: marmitemira
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower SPEW
Hello @Ivan_!!

Thank you so much for this creative suggestion! I am pleased to say that it has been accepted! We really like the idea of being able to showcase items on housing, but we aren't certain of the best way to implement this idea. We will look into different options on how to add this and see what feels best. However, this will not be looked into for a bit, so it should not be expected to be done soon.

We really appreciate the suggestions you provide and hope you continue to make more! Thank you again and have a great day!