DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Chocohop Year book Collection

HektorTM

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: HektorTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Everyone loves chocohop cards, my idea is to have a collection of chocohop cards in every event. Those would be collected in a Book we have already, however the book for these events would only be for one year of events or activities, for example have every event of 2023 and maybe also the adventures etc. in there as cards.

It doesn't have to be 30 cards every event maybe just a few of each rarity.

EXAMPLE:
Butterbrew cards - Location One, Characters Used in event, if applicable Creatures used in the event, or even activities used in it?
Adventure cards - Pirate Staff, Characters, Location(longbay landing), Pirate ship, etc.

This could replace the gear we are using in events right now, it wouldn't give an advantage to players who are lucky in that event and would add some nice new collectables!
Additonally to the difficulties of tech I believe that this could be very well possible as it's simply a copy & paste of past chocohop card collections!

Credits to
@ColaCinema for working out this idea with me

Allandrk

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Allandrk
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Poltergeist
I think gear is an absolute pain to get during the latest events and I would prefer to see chocohops as well, but some of the gear is kinda good so that does make it interesting to collect. maybe they could switch it around sometimes and have chocohops in one event and gear in the next?

HektorTM

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: HektorTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I think gear is an absolute pain to get during the latest events and I would prefer to see chocohops as well, but some of the gear is kinda good so that does make it interesting to collect. maybe they could switch it around sometimes and have chocohops in one event and gear in the next?
I disagree. Event gear is only good if its better than normal gear, which we all saw in the valentines event that did not turn out good as it was very rare and then sold for tenths of thousands of gold because not everyone could get it. If there's no good gear in the event then there's no point in buying it except for "collecting".
The only way to "fix" event gear is making simple
RESKINS (meaning same values as already existing pieces with different names and maybe a different color(?) or different textures) or removing it completely as very good event gear affects the gameplay of everyone who has said event gear piece and who doesn't.
Adding just a few more chocohop cards would add to the card trading that was tried to be brought back through the rework and additionally to that is not hard to make. 5-10 chocohop card items are easier to make than balancing gear pieces that noone ever uses.

Allandrk

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Allandrk
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Poltergeist
I disagree. Event gear is only good if its better than normal gear, which we all saw in the valentines event that did not turn out good as it was very rare and then sold for tenths of thousands of gold because not everyone could get it. If there's no good gear in the event then there's no point in buying it except for "collecting".
The only way to "fix" event gear is making simple
RESKINS (meaning same values as already existing pieces with different names and maybe a different color(?) or different textures) or removing it completely as very good event gear affects the gameplay of everyone who has said event gear piece and who doesn't.
Adding just a few more chocohop cards would add to the card trading that was tried to be brought back through the rework and additionally to that is not hard to make. 5-10 chocohop card items are easier to make than balancing gear pieces that noone ever uses.
That is kinda what I meant as well, I think the very low gear is indeed useless and there is no point in collecting them. I think that making reskins, like you said, would make it worth my time to collect them because it’s “special”, but the chocohop cards would be something that can replace the event gear.

littledead

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: littledead
Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf DD Editor Sr. Poltergeist
Hello @HektorTM ,

Unfortunately, we will be declining this suggestion. The release of Choco-Hop cards is an exclusive reward that players have to look forward to during our Winter Waltz events, and we feel that they will lose their charm if we make them a regular occurrence. Furthermore, the creation of more cards involves a lot of work.

We will, however, look to adding new permanent cards in the future for the main world in relation to our new content such as the recently released Towns and Adventures.

Thank you for your suggestion, we hope this doesn't discourage you from leaving more in the future, and have a wonderful day!