DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Choosing maps

Aglyn

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Aglyn
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Class Design Arena Grandmaster SPEW Academics Advisor
Hey Potterworld witches and wizards!!!
I think it would be a cool idea if players were able to choose the map type we compete on in mini games. For example FLYING mini game has a quite a big range of maps that are available and in the count down when we get prepared to fly id be nice to pick which map we desire and the biggest vote would win. Same goes for MELTING FLOOR before we run around like chickens avoiding to fall it’d be nice to pick the map since there is quite a few different ones. Additionally in MELTING FLOOR if I’d be possible we could have an option on size of the map depending on how many players do that round

Last edited:

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
I like this idea! Being given the choice to vote on a map per game. Highest vote wins etc. I think it’ll be a great way to see which players prefer which kind of map.

Aglyn

Graduate
Staff
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Class Design Arena Grandmaster SPEW Academics Advisor
I do see your point about possibly having to do some maps over and over again, could get boring for some. But I believe if it could be possible to bring it back maybe more people would be interested to play mini games and it would give a chance for more players to come together and communicate within each other to choose together.

pretzellie

Magician
Minecraft IGN: SpookyEllie
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
there is a lot of things that could go wrong with this ! but I somewhat believe this is a good idea. For example, in melting floor sometimes we get huge maps with only 4 players and its not fun at all. but then again a lot of things like the same map getting picked over and over again would be annoying. Overall a cool idea :D

Aglyn

Graduate
Staff
there is a lot of things that could go wrong with this ! but I somewhat believe this is a good idea. For example, in melting floor sometimes we get huge maps with only 4 players and its not fun at all. but then again a lot of things like the same map getting picked over and over again would be annoying. Overall a cool idea :D
i mean if id be possible we could also have an option where we pick the size of the map in MELTING FLOOR depending on the players i think that would be pretty cool

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hey there Aglyn,

I'll bring up your suggestion to the other Poltergeists now so that we can discuss it and bring it up to the relevant Leadership. Once we have a decision, we'll get back to you in this thread!

Thank you once again for bringing up your ideas here and have a great day/night!

Mateo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: daance
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent SPEW
I just want to mention that there was a poll done on this ages ago and people voted in favor of removing the voting (this used to be a thing yes) because people would always vote the same map. I was around back then and I do remember people always voting interwizard or whatever the big melting floor map was and it wasn't that fun tbh, the randomized maps are cool in my opinion because they switch up the map everytime! idk thats just my opinion tho (obv)

marmitemira

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: marmitemira
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower SPEW
Hello @Aglyn!!

Thank you for making this suggestion and apologies for the delayed response! Unfortunately, after being brought up to the team we have declined this suggestion. While we like the idea and think it would be interesting to add. we're concerned that players would only vote for a few specific maps, and in turn, it would lessen the variety to play on other maps. We believe that having the maps continue to be random gives a chance for all other maps to be played on, as well as giving a nice change of pace and slight challenge. Therefore, we will not be implementing this.

Although it was declined we hope that you continue to make more suggestions! Let us know if you have any questions! Have a swagtastical day!

aklokin

Magician
Minecraft IGN: aklokin
Honeybadger Phoenix
Could someone reconsider this forum post and think about adding the voting system to the flying minigame again? Since we have a new daily rotation where in most cases the task is to complete the map in under a minute, with some maps that simply can't be completed in under a minute, often being consecutive before finally getting to another map UNDER ONE MINUTE.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
Could someone reconsider this forum post and think about adding the voting system to the flying minigame again? Since we have a new daily rotation where in most cases the task is to complete the map in under a minute, with some maps that simply can't be completed in under a minute, often being consecutive before finally getting to another map UNDER ONE MINUTE.
i think this problem needs to be fixed in other ways imo revamping those maps like pegasus flight bc i think it's right to not have voting (avoiding the same maps over and over) but it's genuinely so frustrating to have to keep goijg to get a map you can do in under a minute. i'm sure pegasus flight could be shortened fairly easily