DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Class Helper Bypass Suggestion

northeastprince

Magician
Minecraft IGN: northeastprince
Raven
Hello! I was wondering if the minimum level to apply for Class Helper Bypass could be lowered? I would really like to help out with classes, but I'm only on level 40 now, and I feel like it's gonna take a long time to get to level 70.

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
Yeah I agree with Kira on this one, according to my ingenious "guesstimation" statistics there have been around 330,000 people who have joined the server and there currently are about 100 staff/team members. How many of those 330k actually stick around until level 70? Not very many. In order to sort out the people who are most dedicated the level requirement is put in place. In addition the lvl requirement provides a base requirement for number of hours played before you apply. This is useful for applicant reviewers to see what you will do in the future, because your actions in the past are the best predictor for your actions in the future. A lower level requirement would remove/damper that predictor because of its lower sample size.

Last edited:

Caroliin

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Caroliin
Griffin Phoenix
Hi there! Being a class helper myself, I think the requirement of level 70 is really needed. Class Helpers should be familliar with how classes work and now with all the quests you can easily get to level 40 without even having to go to too many classes (I got to level 38 on my alt within a few days only having to go to 4 potions classes and a flying class). The higher level you get, the more xp you need to level up, the more classes you have to join- Therefore, you gain a lot more experience on how all sorts of classes work and which assignments that you write get which grades.
So if you really want to become Class Helper I suggest to join as many classes as you can and try to get good grades to level up faster.

Last edited:

northeastprince

Magician
Raven
Hi there! Being a class helper myself, I think the requirement of level 70 is really needed. Class Helpers should be familliar with how classes work and now with all the quests you can easily get to level 40 without even having to go to too many classes (I got to level 38 on my alt within a few days only having to go to 4 potions classes and a flying class). The higher level you get, the more xp you need to level up, the more classes you have to join- Therefore, you gain a lot more experience on how all sorts of classes work and which assignments that you write get which grades.
So if you really want to become Class Helper I suggest to join as many classes as you can and try to get good grades to level up faster.
Yes, but if that's really the case, then there should be a classes attended requirement.

northeastprince

Magician
Raven
Personally, I'm against there even being an age bypass to staff. The majority of 13-15 year olds think that they're more mature than they are. I certainly thought I was.
While that may be the case for most 13-15 year olds, that doesn't mean that some of them can't behave in a professional manner. Therefore, I feel that age should be judged in a case-by-case basis.

Kira Frogg

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KiraTheHouseElf
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Serpent Vampire Scribe Publisher
Yes, but if that's really the case, then there should be a classes attended requirement.
Again I'm not trying to come off as rude, but it seems logical for someone to have experience which means going to classes. Put it to reality, you apply for a job like being a teacher in real life. What do you need to do? You need experience in teaching quality classes. This goes the same for applying for Class Helper. I have applied a few times before and have been informed that going to a lot of classes is important. I also have a lot of close friends in Academics who have said the same thing with going to a lot of classes even if there isn't a class attendance required.

Aviforma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aviforma
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW

While that may be the case for most 13-15 year olds, that doesn't mean that some of them can't behave in a professional manner. Therefore, I feel that age should be judged in a case-by-case basis.
I think that this is a plea most people who use this app would make, and it really isn't true. I'll say it now: I do not believe 13-15 year olds can consistently act as mature as they need to be. Any 13-15 year old who thinks that they are mature right now will realize in a couple years that they really weren't.

Caroliin

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Caroliin
Griffin Phoenix
I don't agree with that, because let's say the requirement would be 100 classes. There'd be a big difference of someone who's attended 100 potions classes or someone who's attended 100 classes of all sorts.
Also, the requirement would have to be very high which is kind of an equivalent to being a high level. I don't really see a big difference here.
Each bypass application is being looked at, so it is being handled case-by-case. I agree that a few younger kids can act more professional, but it's not easy to judge if they're really fit for the role. Keep in mind that being class helper isn't only all about helping in classes. You also know a lot of staff only info that you're not allowed to share with other players, you have perms that you're not allowed to abuse, you have to be a rolemodel for other players and act like it. Those are some of the main reasons why there is an age requirement and it's simply hard to judge from an application whether someone is mature enough to do this.

Last edited:

Motionic

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Motionic
Dark Follower Griffin Vampire
Heya @northeastprince! Thank you so much for bringing up your suggestion! We truly appreciate players coming forward with their ideas. I will bring this suggestion up with the other poltergeists and we will discuss it further. I will get back to you with our decision once it has been reached. Have a wonderful day!

Grace

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Vampire SPEW
'Ello!

We really enjoyed reading and talking about your suggestion for the class helper bypass, but unfortunately will be declining it. This is not something we would like to change for the class helper bypass and if we were to change this then we'd also have to change the regular application. The two applications would have to remain consistent with the level.

We want applicants to have experience and knowledge of classes and have had been to multiple ones as well. The level requirement is what it is because of this and we are not planning on lowering it anytime soon. Nonetheless we really did appreciate your suggestion and hope to see more in the future. Hope you have a fantastic day!