DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Clothes/Robes Profession

mayu lettuce

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: mommymayu
Auralock Dark Follower Raven SPEW
idk how forums work in general but i got a pretty cool idea for a new profession or some kind of perk (?) hopefully someone sees this

A clothing/sewing profession for players! Collecting materials from mob drops and dyeing/crafting them with some cloth or other materials could create some clothes that could have perks. (Kinda like SDW's 1.4 update with the crafting with literally anything, tho that was a bit more expansive as a highly successful indie game) Honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of the buying recipes and unlocking ways to do stuff system for professions (bc it complicates things for professions that are closer together, like herbology and potions), I'd like for the player to be experimental with anything they find in the Wilderness, and instead acquire tiers of perks as they level up. So the perks the clothes might add (like speed, magic resistance, water/fire resistance, invisibility- invisibility cloak reborn) could be affected by how high the player's levels and tiers are. There could also be a feature for some extra special perks that can be activated per once a few seconds like your wand except that it through the clothes you wear (how does that happen...). Enchanting could also take place with special spells (or some other block (???), or you could combine 2 clothes together (bc u can cut and sew together, ofc), Much to think about but its a Minecraft game and theres only so far u can do, and there is a limit as to how many items you can have on at a time. Come to think of it, maybe some clothes could give extra perks if you get 4/4 of the same type of clothes? This is just something I came up with a few days ago so it is a work in progress. Also- what about a success/fail rate? Esp when you combine things and do more higher tier stuff, things are riskier and likelier to fail.

Long story short:
- Cloth + some materials, throw in *MAGIC* sewing machine block (Takes time by higher tier of clothes crafted)
- With more things you craft, more exp, leading to levels!! Unlock tiers, perks, and more machines with which you can upgrade and add to your clothes!! Some clothes even have extra perks, which can come with a cooldown!
- No limits in recipes you can craft- experiment with ur materials, combine stuff together, enchant it and make it more durable, higher tier, less cooldown time, etc.
- However- as you're experimenting with stuff, you have a succeed-fail rate and combining some clothes together could lead to unwanted perks, so be careful on what you choose!
- Applicable on all 4 types of clothes/armour

I think that would be pretty cool and I'd like to see if any other PW players would consider this as something of a fun thing to add to the world.

Last edited:

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
Gear and the ability to craft it will be added in the Revelius Update. I'm not sure how similar it will be to your suggestion because we don't know much about it, but I think it will be close.

Heres the link to the video where they discuss the Revelius Update (they start talking about gear at 30:25):

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
That Q&A is out of date, so that may not happen, but there will be a revamp to professions soon which will change how they work - it will probably still be about buying recipes, but it will be much more interesting. There is also a magical creatures profession coming at some point, so if this is implemented, it will probably take a while.

Last edited:

Sunnya

Professor
Minecraft IGN: Sunnya
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
Hello, hallowdin!

Thank you for your suggestion! We are always looking for new ways to improve the server, and we’re happy that you wanted to share your idea with us.

On April 4th, we released the Revelius Update trailer as well as more information. We plan on including gear on the update and because of this a clothes/robes profession is not something we will be implementing.

For information on Revelius, you can go here:
https://potterworldmc.com/revelius-update
I'd refrain from watching the April 2019 Q&A video as it contains a lot of outdated information. Details & specifics about gear and other updates in Revelius will be released in the coming weeks on our YouTube channel.