DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Command Suggestion for Class Timers

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
I was thinking about how in every class, you have someone that asks "how much time is left" every other second - I don't know about you guys but this is sort of annoying to me and I think an easy way to fix that and keep professors from having to answer these questions would be to put in "/timeleft" and it would tell you how much time is remaining for the class. The command itself could be whatever - but the concept is the same to be able to see how much time is left in your class or event space when you join in.

YeetChris

Caretaker
Staff
Minecraft IGN: YeetChris
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Class Helper SPEW
Howdy!

I can see where this could be helpful and it's great but in the past, we'd use /nc which would then tell how much time is left until the next scheduled class. Since it's been broken due to the enjin side of things I think it would be quite useful to maybe just add a countdown in chat & link the next class or something along those lines. I know I don't mind answering the time question and others don't but for students, this might be able to save some of their time in-game. Anyways I like this idea, I think it'd be great for this to be looked into.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I agree that there should be a way for players to figure out when the next class would happen without having to look at the forum calendar. And as YeetChris mentioned, the /nc command used to show the countdown for the next class as a title in-game, but you seem to be new and that feature broke a long time ago - it was also a useful feature for players to use.

Also, sorry for hijacking your thread, but since this is related to class timers, I made a somewhat similar suggestion awhile back in the Uservoice suggesting that they should add an NPC (similar to the Tommy Riddle NPC) which a player can click on and it would tell them what the next class would be. This NPC would hopefully have the same countdown timer (seen above the Tommy Riddle one) which can show how long it will be until the next scheduled class would happen. --- But the staff reply to the Uservoice suggestion said that the "/nc command would be fixed when the new website is introduced" but I guess they haven't gotten to that yet.

Hopefully they'll have something similar to how /nc used to be when they release Revelius though.

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Ahhh, you know what's funny is I ALMOST suggested to change the /nc to tell how much time until the class instead of just sending you to the site.

I just joined in the beginning of this month so I had no idea that was already implemented before and broke as a feature.

Howdy!

I can see where this could be helpful and it's great but in the past, we'd use /nc which would then tell how much time is left until the next scheduled class. Since it's been broken due to the enjin side of things I think it would be quite useful to maybe just add a countdown in chat & link the next class or something along those lines. I know I don't mind answering the time question and others don't but for students, this might be able to save some of their time in-game. Anyways I like this idea, I think it'd be great for this to be looked into.
I like the ideas of how to get around that bug - I feel like anything would be helpful to have even if a class helper NPC has a timer above them like Tommy Riddle or something in the corner. For the writing portions it can be annoying to save, close the book, go to chat, raise your hand, ask and wait to see how much time is left, just seems like a lot of inefficient steps to me.

I agree that there should be a way for players to figure out when the next class would happen without having to look at the forum calendar. And as YeetChris mentioned, the /nc command used to show the countdown for the next class as a title in-game, but you seem to be new and that feature broke a long time ago - it was also a useful feature for players to use.

Also, sorry for hijacking your thread, but since this is related to class timers, I made a somewhat similar suggestion awhile back in the Uservoice suggesting that they should add an NPC (similar to the Tommy Riddle NPC) which a player can click on and it would tell them what the next class would be. This NPC would hopefully have the same countdown timer (seen above the Tommy Riddle one) which can show how long it will be until the next scheduled class would happen. --- But the staff reply to the Uservoice suggestion said that the "/nc command would be fixed when the new website is introduced" but I guess they haven't gotten to that yet.

Hopefully they'll have something similar to how /nc used to be when they release Revelius though.
No stress here! It's a public thread, I like getting as much perspective and thoughtful insight as possible :D

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello Zadanthalion!
Thanks for bringing forth your idea! We are always looking for ideas to improve and further our server.
We, the Poltergeist Team, will now discuss your idea and get back to you as soon as possible with a response.
Have a magical day!

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Hello Zadanthalion!
Thanks for bringing forth your idea! We are always looking for ideas to improve and further our server.
We, the Poltergeist Team, will now discuss your idea and get back to you as soon as possible with a response.
Have a magical day!
Appreciate it!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again @Zadanthalion !
After discussing your suggestion, we have come to decision to decline your suggestion of adding a /timeleft command, simply because it is incredibly difficult to predict how long a class will take. Different classes have different lengths and unpredictable and unexpected events can happen at any time.
However, re-adding /nc is something that is planned. It used to function the way it is described in the thread, however it broke because we changed the website. It's something we want to do because it would be very useful, however due of other priorities we haven't gotten around to it.
Thank you for suggesting this to us! We always appreciate players coming forward with their feedback so that we can find new ways to improve the server.
Thank you and have a great day!