DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

coupon hunt dumb 2

laertes

Magician
Minecraft IGN: laelouch
Dark Follower Serpent
no offense to the ppl that hide the coupon and like put effort into this but the hints are so awful, when it releases is so inconsistent, and the $5 dollars is simply not worth it.

msg me for this months hints

how are u supposed to get anything from that. i know its supposed to be hard but these literally are the most useless hints i have seen in my life. i would be fine with these hints if it was more money, but for FIVE whole dollars???? thats so stingy

another issue is how inconsistent u release the coupon. here are the release dates and when they were found:
July: July 22nd - July 22nd (Roughly 7 hours)
August: August 31st - September 1st (4 Hours)
September: October 1st - October 4th (4 days on the dot)
October: October 28th - October 31st (3 days)
November: November 25th - TBA (not found yet)

september got released so late for pst (3hrs before) it wasnt even september atp it was just october. u got october 1 coupon hunt and october 2 (actual october) it just bugs me that the releases are so inconsistent, i would prefer it to be more in the middle of the month like july. u guys are so consistent with everything else this isnt that hard please

either make it worth more money and the hints being useless will be justified or make hints easier. i also know this is semi a way to kinda promote exploration but it is so draining i have seen many people descend into insanity (fxn) because of this.

GreatLordOz

Magician
Minecraft IGN: GreatLordOz
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix
People will be unhappy with everything. They added these in for people to have fun and search. $5 is a great reward for the people who want to do something with their time because the alternative is simply not having $5 to search for in the first place.

The problem is people have obsession problems on this server. There are simultaneous complaints of the coupons being found within hours/days and also complaints that the hints are too hard and it is too draining to find them. People want instant gratification but also to be engaged meaningfully for weeks. Same thing happens during events where people spend 12 hours straight playing all the content and then also complaining that there isn't anything to do because they didn't pace themselves playing an hour or two a day.

So all-in-all, you can't make everyone happy. If the store team is happy with what they are doing, keep it up! Otherwise they can change it how they like.

oakyno

Magician
Minecraft IGN: oakyno
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I like to see how the hunts are evolving, I just wish information on the finds were released. Like it is hard understand what to look for when you haven't even seen what it is supposed to look like. I don't mean the changing item of that month, but like if they said what the puzzles meant after they are found so that everyone, not just winners, can understand what the logistics of the puzzles are for the next month.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
People will be unhappy with everything. They added these in for people to have fun and search. $5 is a great reward for the people who want to do something with their time because the alternative is simply not having $5 to search for in the first place.

The problem is people have obsession problems on this server. There are simultaneous complaints of the coupons being found within hours/days and also complaints that the hints are too hard and it is too draining to find them. People want instant gratification but also to be engaged meaningfully for weeks. Same thing happens during events where people spend 12 hours straight playing all the content and then also complaining that there isn't anything to do because they didn't pace themselves playing an hour or two a day.

So all-in-all, you can't make everyone happy. If the store team is happy with what they are doing, keep it up! Otherwise they can change it how they like.
im glad u said this bc its so true (and i was lazy to rewrite my comment that i left on last and deleted thread). In my opinion, hints were generally okay so far and the store team should take notes from the experience and evolve, which i think theyre trying. Easier hints would lead to the coupon being found too quick, and generally all coupons were found pretty quick so objectively they could be even harder. My only issue so far was last months coupon which made zero sense to many of us, a cat hat was very misleading. The rest made sense to me, but thats just my personal opinion.
I said it on discord, but i dont think everything on the server needs a fancy reward/prefix to bribe people in. Im all up for rewarding people for their efforts, but people shouldnt do something just bc of the reward. I generally find looking for the coupon a fun and exciting thing to do, and the reward seems alright to me THO i wouldnt complain if it scaled up with time so that the longer it takes to find, the better the reward is (just like the goblin keys worked)

oakyno

Magician
Minecraft IGN: oakyno
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I agree with the obsessive nature of players and I want to add that along with that, there is also a massive learning curve with a lot of the things like the coupon hunts to newer players. I don't mean just joined, but like I have been playing for around two years now and still don't understand a lot of what the server is about. I understand that adding more context to hints would help the tryhards even more, but I think it would also add enjoyment to others. If all the content makes a change to instead cater to the most skilled then it leaves out others who want to join in but have no idea where to start. This is why I think adding a recap or something after each hunt or boundaries of where it could possibly not be, like in the roleplay hub, CE archives, etc, could clear up some things. I would love a bigger reward to the hunt, but that's because I like things but I think adding more context instead of upping the reward is a better compromise. It gets frustrating when trying to figure out things and being told that it's probably either not that complex or that no further context is allowed. It just kind of sucks to not have a chance at figuring it out. Not that I mean it sucks to lose because thats par for the course but that, even if I look deeply into the wiki and lore and guides there are still places impossible to know about. Which also is understandable, except when the hunt ends and those places remain unknown and the only knowledge of how the hunt works is those who were there when it was found. Personally, I bought a handful of the hunt items from the store page because the hints made me find items in the store I did not know about, but now that I know of them I love. I think this could also help showcase locations in the world that people who did not know of can explore after the item is found.

Also I love the hunts because unlike a lot of the parkour aspects of the server, riddles and scavenger hunts are my type of fun. I just wish that even if its not this, that there were more things like this with lesser prizes but are for everyone not just the obsessed. Please know that I am an obsessive player but still very new and bad. I know that this hunt is evolving in such a cool way and I just want to see it be something that is looked forward to not something stressed about, which shouldn't happen but for a lot of people it seems to do. I know this hunt has potential but not if it is trying to be harder and harder only for a few people and not letting others understand. Sorry if this is rambly.

TLDR: Hunt recaps and explanations should be added and catered to everyone not just upped for longtime players and winners.

MelonFoxy

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MelonFoxy
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Lore Master Poltergeist
Hello, @laertes and others!

Thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion. I am here to inform you that the suggestion has been accepted and is also completed. We have previously released the hidden coupon on the last weekend of every month. We have ensured to release at various times of the day to account for multiple timezones, after feedback from the first coupon release. That being said, we have decided to move the release to the third weekend of the month, starting from January 2024, to address your concern and allow players more time to complete the puzzle in the month it was released. We will also be announcing this to all players shortly, so they know which weekend the release happens!

We have also discussed improvements to the hints. First, we want to improve the hint on the website post to ensure players can narrow down where they find hint(s) on the store. We will also add in-game hints if we do sequenced puzzles. This means that not all hints will be on the store, allowing the player to obtain hints by solving parts of the puzzle.

As for rewards, we are not considering changing or adding rewards currently. We believe $5.00 is reasonable and prefer making the hunt more engaging over increasing the reward. That said, we would like to clarify that a player can use this gift card to reduce the price of any store item. For example, you could buy the 1-month Drooble's Order Subscription Rank package ($6.00) and only pay $1.00 alongside using the gift card.

Furthermore, we are introducing a list of all past hidden coupon winners. We will also now release the solution to every puzzle from now on. This information can be found in the original release website post once the coupon has been found. We have already released this for the November 2023 hidden coupon, which you can find here.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion, and have a magical day!