DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Create an Official Roleplay Summary?

mn614

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: mn614
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Lore Master SPEW
So this would probably be a pain to implement, and we possibly have one already that I haven't seen. However, I believe that a summary of the official roleplay located on the website or a book in-game would be tremendously helpful. While we do have books that list the seers' character biographies, I haven't yet seen a comprehensive summary of all the official roleplay lore. I think this would be beneficial for a number of reasons.

1) It would provide much needed context for roleplay events. I believe they are spectacularly implemented, and extremely enjoyable to participate in, but I frequently find myself oblivious to elements of the storyline. I'm often confused as to the context of some events and Youtube videos. While a media post regarding the roleplay might tease a thrilling, highly-anticipated occurrence, I find myself very confused and don't usually understand the significance. I think if I knew the whole main story, I'd be more invested in finding out what happens to the seers. I would love to be more up-to-speed on the official roleplay, as I think it is one of the coolest aspects of this server.

2) It would make newer players less overwhelmed and instead more compelled. New players are often confused during roleplay events (as am I), as they have no knowledge of the storyline or previous events. Some might even confuse a seer with a normal player in the same unofficial family (I've seen this happen before, and although it is rather hilarious, I could see it becoming a problem).

3) It would make players more invested and feel more included. It can be discouraging to players who want to participate in the roleplay but have no experience on the server. They might feel intimidated or overwhelmed by the loads of cool lore that isn't easily accessible. Having an updated summary of the basic roleplay events would not only help to improve the experience of eager role-players, but would eliminate any confusion surrounding the story. I, for one, am sometimes frustrated by "missing pieces" of the story that I haven't experienced or been able to learn.

Again, there might be some sort of similar thing already in existence, and I know that it would be tedious and even inconvenient to implement. However, I do believe that it would greatly improve the roleplay aspect of the server!

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and enjoy your day :)

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello @mn614.

Thank you for your suggestion! We really appreciate any suggestions that are given to us :D
This is something that is already planned and being worked on by the Seer Team. It will likely be added to the Roleplay Recap sub-forum, so keep an eye out for that!

Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again @mn614,

As you may have noticed, the Roleplay Recap forum has been filled with official summaries of roleplay events recently. We hope this meets your expectations and is helpful for some players looking to get an overview of past roleplay events!