DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Current Location

Yumei Fireheart

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: VetMedYumei
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I would like to suggest to put the current location of the player at the top or top left/right. Just to let the player know where exactly they are.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
What exactly do you mean by this? :D Do you mean the location of the player in-game or on the map? And what kind of location do you mean: the players' coordinates or the town or area they are in?

Yumei Fireheart

Notable Magician
for example the player is standing at the Charm classroom, there would be "Charm classroom" at the top of their screen. Its different from the map. Map only shows location top view and not revealing the whole area inside the place. I just think some players are confused where to go because they don't know the location they are at. The good thing about this suggestion is new players will be able to remember the place inside the castle or house they are at. More like visual memory.

Meiyuuu

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Meiyuuu
Dark Follower Griffin
I think what she means is a small text hud at the top right or left of the screen which shows the location you are in.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again @VetMedYumei,
Thank you for suggesting this to us! I will bring your idea up to the other Poltergeists and we will inform you once a decision has been made.
Have a great day!

Pankakes

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Pankakes_81
Griffin
I like this idea but if it's implemented I'd like to have an option to have it fade-in once you enter a place and fade-out after a few seconds (like GTA does with locations and vehicles) instead of showing it all the time.

Joel Crestello

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Joelowo
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
We actually had something like this with the old wilderness and it would be a really cute idea. I wouldn't expect it to be for every single location such as every hogsworth classroom but rather for every major town/location.

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
We actually had something like this with the old wilderness and it would be a really cute idea. I wouldn't expect it to be for every single location such as every hogsworth classroom but rather for every major town/location.
Yes, I remember this! Was very fancy, I hope they'll add it to the current world, was very convenient.

Joshios

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joshios
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
A head staff member, Deniz, posted this in general in the Potterworld discord.

This was a while ago, but I do see "Location" on the scoreboard. Maybe this is already being added? Again, this was 2 months ago, and this could have been scrapped, but I did want to put this here.

Yumei Fireheart

Notable Magician
(like GTA does with locations and vehicles) instead of showing it all the time.
A head staff member, Deniz, posted this in general in the Potterworld discord.
I hope they post the locations like popups like GTA. Not every location in Hogsworth but only the highlighted location like the Great Hall, Library, Comm rooms (grif,serp,huffle,raven), greenhouse, etc.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Hello again @VetMedYumei,

This suggestion has been accepted, as this is something that we would really like to do. We love the idea of players being able to see where they are, as it would hopefully help them orientate themselves and that could make exploration easier. We hope to be able to implement this soon but there is currently no ETA.
Thanks again for the wonderful suggestion and have a fantastic day!

Best Regards,
Aurora

Pankakes

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Pankakes_81
Griffin
We love the idea of players being able to see where they are, as it would hopefully help them orientate themselves and that could make exploration easier.
Add a compass that points to the next area where you have to go (checkpoints) for a quest and you have a proper guidance for new players :D