DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Daily event change

Steaphan9

Magician
Minecraft IGN: steaphan9
Honeybadger Auralock
This is something that I noticed when I started ESO. Their Daily horse training event/quest has a 20 hour cooldown instead of the 24. I loved this idea and thought of the daily riddle on this server. Because of 24h cooldowns, no matter how dedicated you are, you will eventually have to skip a day because you can never complete the task the instant you accept it. So how about changing all tasks that are supposed to be daily and are on a 24h cooldowns to a 20h cooldown to account for the time it takes to complete said task. Also to help those like myself who forget to login and do the task at an exact time.
I am not asking to change things that take more than 24h (I don't know if there are any), or tasks like the event quests that can be done twice a day (12h cooldowns).

Leo_S

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: LeoTheLynx
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire SPEW Lead
I used to play ESO, so I can definitely understand what you mean with it. However, the daily activities from "/me" on our server doesn't have 24h cooldown. They just resets at 12am PST everyday, since PST is the reference timer of the server. The event cooldown is already 12h.
The only exception would be the daily riddle... And for that, it might work, but it needs more brainstorm into the effects of this change.

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello @Steaphan9!!

I'm here to let you know that this suggestion has been accepted! For daily riddles specifically, the cooldown has now been lowered to 23 hours. Other activities' cooldowns have not been changed since the daily activities already reset at a fixed time every day, namely at 12am PST. Event side-quests are also already generally on 12 hour cooldowns. However, I hope this helps and clears some things up! I hope you have a wonderful day
:serpent: