DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Daily Riddle Experience

Wildsam

Animorphus
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Wildsam
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Class Helper Arena Grandmaster SPEW Drooble's Order
The Daily Riddles are a great way to diversify the leveling options for players. Looking at the recent suggestions made on this forum, it does look like the community is eager for more content related to them and other reworks on the leveling system. Staff members have also shown interest in it in the various threads about them, as long as some considerations are taken into account, especially considering the rework that was put in place this fall.​
Looking at the daily riddles, I do feel like the system might be problematic at times, especially when newer riddles have been added for lower years when you are already further in the game. A simple example of this occurred a couple of times this week while I was online. I ended up having new riddles that awarded between 2000 and 6000 experience points, which is far less than what slaying mobs give around the fifth/sixth year. After speaking with a staff member about it (Aurora), I do understand how the daily riddles system is built now, yet it feels like a non-sense to me to be given the same amount of XP for a riddle that was added retroactively to the game.​
Would not it be more logical to have them reward players with experience based on their current level rather than fixed amounts, considering a majority of gameplay rewards functions like this nowadays?​
I would love to hear your thoughts on this, as I feel like it could be a great alternative to the big gap left by the absence of quests between levels 71 and 75.

marmitemira

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: marmitemira
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower SPEW
Hello @Wildsam!

Thank you for making this suggestion! It would make a lot of sense to have the reward for riddles be based on your current level. I will bring this idea up with the Poltergeist team and we will discuss it. Once a final decision has been reached we will let you know, so make sure to keep an eye on this thread!!

Thanks again and have a fabulous day!

marmitemira

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: marmitemira
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower SPEW
Hi @Wildsam!!

I apologize for delayed response. Unfortunately, this suggestion has been declined. Riddles are meant to promote exploration and their main purpose is not to gain XP. This will also be imbalanced if two players were to solve one riddle but receive different amounts of XP depending on their level.

We hope you continue to share any ideas you have with us! Thank you again and have a spectacular day!