DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Dance class - AC rewards

Spaghetti

Magician
Minecraft IGN: spaghettisliert3
Auralock Raven
Hi guys!
Don't mind the smell, 'cause I'm a bit sweaty due to Carlie's lovely Dance class from an hour back :heart:. I have participated in quite a few of them now already, and really enjoy attending them!

There is, however, one thing that bothers me a bit: the AC reward system. Usually, 10 AC is rewarded to every participant. If you manage to reach top 3, however, you'll receive 15, 20 and 25 AC (something like that, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). Personally, I think this system could use a rework; Every class, I see quite some people making 'mistakes' in the first few minutes, so that they can leave asap. You also have people like the most of us, that really do their best on correctly doing the moves/freezing in time, but I think we all know that one tiny incorrect move (or even a lag spike/teacher mistake) could be your last. Last round, I survived for about 45 minutes, until there were 10~15 people still standing. Especially during top 30-ish, the mistakes that'll result in a kick will often be diminutive.

In my opinion, it feels slightly unfair that people that die on purpose in the beginning receive the same AC reward as people that survive for, let's say, 30 to 60 minutes, but don't reach the ultimate top of class. On top of that, 10 AC is not a lot compared to other classes. One can easily exceed that by turning in a (below?) average writing assignment in any other class (A+), and that also takes up a lot less time. Essentially, in terms of time/AC ratio (!), you're encouraged to fail on purpose in the beginning, unless you make it all the way up to the last 3 people standing, which is extremely hard like mentioned above.

Suggestion: I would love to see a similar AC reward system in Dance class to Wizard's PE. i.e. if you dance for a fixed amount of time, let's say 15-30-45-60 minutes or at every new rule, the amount of AC rewarded will go up accordingly. They could start with 5 AC, in order to discourage failing on purpose. Then, every fixed amount of time, the AC reward could go up, and is announced in chat.

I would love to hear what your opinion is about this Dance class' AC system feedback/suggestion. Also, I don't know if this is possible developer-wise, but feedback on that is also highly appreciated (e.g. another solution for this problem).

Cya!
Spaghetti :raven:

Amiraa

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Amiraa
Auralock Raven SPEW
I love dance classes too! theyre one of my favourite. I agree with your post, I would love it if it had an AC-award system like the wizPE class but instead of recieving AC after a stage, you get AC after a certain amount of time.

Cate

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Cateo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Greetings @Spaghetti!

Thank you for taking time to bring your suggestion to Potterworld! As we are always on the lookout for new ways to make our server a better place, your idea is much appreciated!

We have brought up your suggestion to all members of the Academics team, and I am happy to say your idea has been accepted! This is something that won't be enforced for all professors as they can decide if they want to do this or not. However with it in mind, you will likely see your suggestion implemented in some future dance classes!

Once more thank you for your suggestion, take good care of yourself! <3

Kind wishes,
Cate