DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Decrease Block Decay Speed (Melting Floor)

cheddarsoup

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: cheddarsoup
Auralock Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
In melting floor, the blocks disappear way too quickly. Sometimes players fall through the floor for no reason - sprinting, moving in a straight line, not crossing paths with another player, yet still falling.

Simple solution would be to make the blocks disappear slower. Decreasing the decay speed by a decent amount would make it so that this happens less often, and also be helpful for players that lag (as I believe a moderate-high ping might be part of the reason for this).

I think this would make the game more fun overall, and increase its play-rate. It's currently one of the lower played minigames, so this change might make people more interested in it.

Micah Cresswell

Professor
Minecraft IGN: Hacim4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf
I agree, however, the decay speed could only be raised by a fraction of a second otherwise it would make it too easy for those who don't have lag and therefore make it hugely unfair.

Last edited:

Evux

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Evux
Honeybadger Auralock
If this fixes a issue for the majority of players then I'm all for it but I would like to say after 100's of games some days of perfect connection others of not, I have not noticed a issue of falling through when I shouldn't as long as I keep moving during the lag, if I can. (Unless of course I run where someone just did hence making me fall once I'm done lagging). But that's just my perspective and experience I would be interested in how other people feel about this though. :)

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hii @cheddarsoup, and everyone who replied,

After consideration, this suggestion has unfortunately been declined. In this response, I will explain the reasoning.

This is not something we would like to do, as we have not consistently seen an issue with this over the years that the game has been running and a large majority of the players on the server play successfully. With that into consideration, we feel that slowing the decay speed of the blocks in melting floor would make games last longer and would generally make the game mode a lot easier. We feel that the current decay time is a perfect speed for the game mode in accordance with all factors that need to be considered. We hope that you understand our decision in that regard. Even if we wanted to do this, the development team has a lot of other priorities currently higher on the list.

Regardless, we want to thank you for your suggestion. We always continue to value suggestions and feedback. If you have any questions or comments about this decision or anything related to it please don't hesitate to reach out. :)

cheddarsoup

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: cheddarsoup
Auralock Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Hii @cheddarsoup, and everyone who replied,

After consideration, this suggestion has unfortunately been declined. In this response, I will explain the reasoning.

This is not something we would like to do, as we have not consistently seen an issue with this over the years that the game has been running and a large majority of the players on the server play successfully. With that into consideration, we feel that slowing the decay speed of the blocks in melting floor would make games last longer and would generally make the game mode a lot easier. We feel that the current decay time is a perfect speed for the game mode in accordance with all factors that need to be considered. We hope that you understand our decision in that regard. Even if we wanted to do this, the development team has a lot of other priorities currently higher on the list.

Regardless, we want to thank you for your suggestion. We always continue to value suggestions and feedback. If you have any questions or comments about this decision or anything related to it please don't hesitate to reach out. :)
I don’t really understand the decision and believe that there’s a reason why melting floor has a much lower play-rate to the other minigames (excluding the obvious few that aren’t played), but thanks for the response.