DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Destruction of the Bases Analysis (Part 1 - Dark Follower Base)

OcelotGuardian

Magician
Minecraft IGN: OcelotGuardian
Honeybadger Dark Follower Werewolf
On May 29th, the Dark Follower base and the Phoenix base were attacked by the Aurorlocks.

Items left behind after the attack can be recovered from the bases and turned in for rewards.

This is a list of the items gathered at the Dark Follower base, their descriptions, and my analysis of the items/situation.

The list of Phoenix base items and descriptions will be posted tomorrow.

Dark Follower Base Items:

An eerie black Blood Pact. To whom Noah made the pact with? Unknown.

An expensive piece of jewelry adorned with pure clam pearls and a golden locket. He saw it as the ‘perfect’ gift for the one he truly cared about.

A first-year Astronomy Book that was battered, with the pages discoloured a deep tea like color. Over the years, someone made notes in the book with a neat handwriting, especially about constellations.

A black cloak that has clearly seen better days. The inscription inside reads “Property o_ N__h P_ndr_g_n”.

An adequately etched golden coin from the Crestello family vault. Its doors hide away stacks of riches belonging to the extensive number of members.

A thin necklace with a black leather cord and a thin metal pendant with a symbol of soulmates, that has started to rust over the years. The necklace has an exact replica hanging around another’s neck.

A wooden staff wrapped in cloth on both ends. Its edges are dented from countless strikes and attacks on training dummies.

A blurred photograph of a woman; she’s wearing a sunflower dress and a straw hat. Her face is transfixed upon the sun, to which she covers her eyes from time to time.

A bag of grain-based treats for young Lunarcalves. Unfortunately, it hasn’t been touched in years.

An ancient book with torn pages; it carries an unnatural glow to it. Inside, scribbled in with black ink are a collection of custom spell names. ‘Lamina Oppugnate’ is amongst one of the most mysterious.

Dialogue in the Dark Follower Base:

A thick grey hair can be seen on the floor, it seems directly ripped off the very skin of the creature it used to belong to. It reacts strangely to the fumes of crushed aconite in the air.

Two weather-worn letters had been dislodged from their hiding place. They read, “These days are fraught with danger! I must retreat to safety. I see flickers of light through the darkness that is choking your soul, yet, there is still time for you to be reborn. Time is fleeting, I must have your answer!” and, “Never have I thought of things ending the way they did. The path I chose to follow was sudden, and trust my word, I thought of making this decision. It wasn’t for love, and if it was, it didn’t make me go blind. I cannot express to you how your words warm my tattered soul. Say the word, my future is in your hands.”

‘No matter how hard she tried, the rubble that landed on top of her crushed leg wouldn’t budge. No-one stopped to help her despite her cry, no-one noticed her body slowly succumbing to death. Though just as her eyes slipped shut, a woman came running, her ginger hair swinging from side to side. With a swift and desperate attempt to release her sister, she blasted the debris away and took hold of Sara and struggled away.’

‘I’ve seen it written in the stars before, but never as bad as now. A great disaster is about to happen, a catastrophe. I have never made a prediction which was this likely to happen in the future. My great ambition for astronomy never got in the way of my second ambition, astrology. The planets and stars tell me many things and help me make many predictions of the future. I’m lucky to have my experiences with astrology. This prediction might save us from the unknown. A cataclysmic event between the Allegiances will happen, doomsday is about to come.’

Papers belonging to the Dark Lord lay on the floor, slightly torn and scorched at one end. However, his surname is crossed out violently with black ink. Beside it, pressed deep into the paper, is a bloody fingerprint.

Joel sat on his throne at the dead of night, speaking to his two most trusted Dark Followers when the attack began. The ceiling shook wildly, collapsing one of the pillars as a tremor blasted throughout the sewer tunnels.

'Noah, clutching at the Black Necklace in his hand, swiftly sprinted out of his office as the entire sewer system shook. Entering the corridor, a flaming blast flew past him, blasting him away as a pile of rubble blocked off his office door. Making a quick dash for the Dark Lord’s office, he didn’t even notice the necklace slip out of his grasp.’

Information from the Reward Book (Spoilers ahead for those who have not found all the items and turned them in):

This is written from the perspective of Sara’s closest friend. This friend said that Sara doesn’t listen: she would rather act on her own plans and make changes to previous “perfect” plans. This friend is jealous that they never got to lead missions because of Sara’s stubbornness, but puts up with it, because Sara’s stubbornness saved their life once. Sara liked to use an old astronomy book to point out constellations. Sara also made a blood pact with this friend.

Joel was sent to Hogsworth, rather than Dormunstrad (to his relief). He was sorted into Honeybadgers, and loved DADA class. Joel’s mother died, and he felt like all of his work was for nothing. Joel was accepted into the ranks of the Dark Followers. He hated being a typical Dark Follower and wanted to do something more. He created the spell ‘Lamina Oppugnate’, which causes any sharp object close to the caster to attack their opponent.

This is a letter to Joshua Pendragon. In this letter, Noah told Joshua that he had defected, and became a Dark Follower. He did not defect out of anger or hatred – rather, he defected because he needed to keep power out of the wrong hands. Noah wanted chaos, but believed that it needed to be controlled in order to be an effective tool.

Analysis:

What I found interesting was the mention of werewolf hair. The loose strand of hair is a werewolf hair, as proven by its reaction to crushed aconite (also known as Wolfsbane) fumes. Wolfsbane is poisonous to wolves (and werewolves, in large enough doses), so the reaction the hair had would not have been positive. If I had to guess, the hair would have slightly wilted due to the aconite fumes. Werewolves have no public alliance with anyone, so there must have been Aurorlocks who were werewolves that participated in the attack. Wolfsbane potion would have been used to keep the werewolves sane, as well as to keep the Aurorlocks in control of the werewolves’ actions (as in having the human Aurorlocks giving orders, nothing like the Imperius Curse).

The news of an Aurorlock attack overshadows other events happening behind the scenes. Joel Crestello was (and most likely still is) grieving over the death of his mother. The pearl necklace, the ‘perfect gift’, was a present for his mother – the one person Joel loved more than anything. The woman in the torn photograph is Joel’s mother. He still has these items because they are the only things he has that remind him of her. The paper that had Joel’s surname crossed out signified his anger that he was left alone in the world without a figure to guide him – he felt abandoned. The bloody fingerprint was his “signature”. It was a way for him to show that he had crossed out his name himself. Joel joined the Dark Followers in the hopes that he would find a group to belong to – a surrogate family. He did not feel accepted enough, and sought to impress his new family by creating new spells.

Sara is a Seer. It cannot be shown any clearer. Her notes tell us of prophetic signs in the stars and planets, as well as predictions of the future. This explains the astronomy book and Lunarcalf feed (Lunarcalves only emerge from their dens during the full moon. Their connection with the moon makes them related to astronomy). Sara also has a very close friend, one who can be considered family. This friend could be Noah – the lost papers told us that a blood pact made between the two friends, and Noah’s blood pact is the only other reference to a blood pact out of the other information (props to ProbsAMistake for pointing that out in her post). It would also make sense if the friend was Noah because they were frustrated that they were never able to lead missions with their “perfect” plan. Noah told us in his letter that he wanted to keep chaos under control and use it as a weapon. If Noah had a plan to lead with this ideology, but was never able to use it, he would, of course, be frustrated at Sara. If Noah is the friend mentioned in Sara’s Lost Papers, then Sara’s sister must have the replica soulmate necklace.

Sara’s sister is the woman described in the Stray Feather (from the Phoenix base), as well as the author of the Two Letters. Those notes were meant for Sara – they both reference predictions. The letter also mentions being reborn, and Phoenixes are reborn from the ashes when they die. Sara’s sister was a Dark Follower and defected to the Phoenixes (explains the tattered soul reference). She eventually had to run away (the disappearance and being lost forever in the Stray Feather Phoenix dialogue) because she was discovered by the Dark Followers as a Phoenix member. Sara’s sister wants her to become a Phoenix (become “reborn”) like her (she knows that Sara is a good person and wants her to be on the “good side”, rather than corrupt her soul with “darkness”). This is why the letters were hidden – Sara is thinking about what her sister told her. She has an internal conflict about her beliefs, but has not let anyone know about it. Sara also doesn’t want her sister to be discovered and put in danger again. Sara’s sister was able to rescue her because she wouldn’t have been noticed in all the chaos.

Last edited: