DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Discord Suggestion Channel & Threads

GreatLordOz

Magician
Minecraft IGN: GreatLordOz
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix
Although this has likely been suggested before both in chat and possibly on these very forums, I would like to suggest expanding places to leave suggestions. Discord would be the most ideal place for an additional space.

It pains me to write on these very forums because lets be honest, they really aren't used for much by a few players other than posting suggestions these days; I forget they even exist other than someone yelling in chat to go to the forums to write down an idea. The majority of the active player base has a discord and is likely part of the official Potterworld discord. Opening up a discord channel and using threads to separate discussions would be a much more useful medium to increase player engagement, visibility and can be expanded upon with reaction usage.

As aforementioned, the forums are really only used by a handful of older players while the majority of newer and older players are using discord. You use it for Potterworld, and many other servers; Always connected and at your fingertips. Having suggestions on discord would allow more players to quickly add their inputs and contain them all within their own threads. You can also easily link from suggestions to other channels or discussions.

Reactions are a great way for players to up vote or down vote a suggestion. The forums don't allow "negative engagement" and thus it isn't easy to tell whether an idea is widely liked or disliked. Additionally, staff can also have a set of reactions they can add to a thread such as an icon for seen & being reviewed, repeated/already answered, accepted or declined. Many indie developers already have systems like this in place for their early access games and they run smoothly.

All in all, having discord suggestions would open up a much easier route for people to add their suggestions than limiting it to a forum site that is fairly underused. Embrace newer tech and expand options for more reach.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I think starting suggestions on the PW Discord first would mess whatever system PW has going on with Suggestions though. On the forums they are able to move suggestions and add tags to them and easily keep track of things.

Maybe incorporate an automated way to link suggestions from the forums and get it posted onto Discord? Then add your idea of putting each suggestion into a discord thread with reactions and stuff.

There probably would be a bit more player engagement when it comes down to suggestion discussions if it's on the PW Discord too because it would seem more fluid to talk about suggestions through there, but it doesn't really seem like the PW Discord gets much activity from what I have seen lately.

Overall, I think it would be nice to see suggestions talked about on discord, but I think the initial suggestion should originate in the Forums then posted onto Discord so it could be easy to keep track of things - such as repeated suggestions.

jonvr

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: jonvr
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven
Something to add is that discord forum channels exist which would be great for managing suggestions if discord suggestions would become a thing in the future.

Also I agree with everything Ozz said so yes it would be great to see discord suggestions but don't know if it would mess up your entire system.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I'm kinda waiting for a reply on my own thread about the discord suggestion thing.. was told i would get it a while ago so ye

cheddarsoup

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: cheddarsoup
Auralock Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
I think starting suggestions on the PW Discord first would mess whatever system PW has going on with Suggestions though. On the forums they are able to move suggestions and add tags to them and easily keep track of things.
The system they have right now is embarrassing and generally turns people off from making suggestions due to how many things aren't efficient with it, so I would LOVE if they did something to "mess [with] whatever system PW has going on with suggestions."

Would love it if I could get a response on a feedback post in <1 month and I think discord would promote this.

Atreus | ethxnTM

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: ethxnTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Honestly I think using the website for suggestions is great, as it keeps the website more active. However, they could also hire more people to help keep the flow of the suggestions going and not letting them sit for over a month. One thing they could do to help with suggestion's on the website, is make a channel where you can promote your suggestion/feedback.

laertes

Magician
Minecraft IGN: laelouch
Dark Follower Serpent
it takes like a bajillion yeras for suggestions to replied to bcus the system is literally so inefficient. please please PLEASE change the system it sucks (politely) discord would def help set it up, and it may take a bit but would def help with everything. yeah staffs gonna have a rough time at first but at least peoples suggestions would be seen faster and gain more input

suzie

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: 20zuzka04
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Prefect SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hello @GreatLordOz !

I'm happy to inform you that this suggestion has been accepted! This is something we would definitely like to do on our Discord server, We are actively pursuing and are currently working out the logistics of, as it was mentioned in the Daily Diviner Issue 101!

Thank you so much for creating this suggestion and we hope you have a wonderful day!