DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Ditch the Wandering NPCs

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
When Revelius was first promoted, the NPCs wandering around Diagonal Lane was a very appealing feature. However, I now feel their removal from the entire server would be an improvement - here's why:
- Their skins regularly don't load and the lack of diversity diminishes the realism
- They have no lore or relevance to overall gameplay
- Half the time they just have name tags above their heads, which just looks tacky and unnatural
- They do little but stand there, adding more confusion than life
- There are too few of them to create the atmosphere of a bustling town
- They only load when you are near, meaning the NPCs just sporadically and unexpectadely spawn
- I wouldn't be surprised if they have a negative impact on the server's performance

Allandrk

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Allandrk
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Poltergeist
I personally don't see much use in the wandering NPCs, but they are not really in my way so I don't see why they should be removed.

Blueburypancakes

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: blueburypancakes
Honeybadger Dark Follower Phoenix Werewolf
When Revelius was first promoted, the NPCs wandering around Diagonal Lane was a very appealing feature. However, I now feel their removal from the entire server would be an improvement - here's why:
- Their skins regularly don't load and the lack of diversity diminishes the realism
- They have no lore or relevance to overall gameplay
- Half the time they just have name tags above their heads, which just looks tacky and unnatural
- They do little but stand there, adding more confusion than life
- There are too few of them to create the atmosphere of a bustling town
- They only load when you are near, meaning the NPCs just sporadically and unexpectadely spawn
- I wouldn't be surprised if they have a negative impact on the server's performance
But then I can't bully them with leviocorpum and flipellius :(

MelonFoxy

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MelonFoxy
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Lore Master Poltergeist
Hello, @MattyPoltergeist!

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been declined. Over the last few months we have continuously worked towards improving our town NPCs. Earlier this year support was added to show custom skins on these NPCs, so they should no longer spawn in with default steve skins. In addition to that we are also working towards improving the NPCs to allow them to hold custom wands and wear custom hats tailored to their town that showcase our store items. Ultimately we like the idea of having the NPCs in towns as they do add life to them, and we are focused on adding and expanding our content rather than of removing parts of it.

Thank you for making this suggestion, and have a magical day!