DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Do Not Host Dueling Tournaments During Event Drops

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
During the month of February and March August an event was dropped during the flying dueling tournament. This causes unneeded lag and hurts gameplay enjoyment.

Solution:
Hold Tourny 1-2 Hours Earlier
Wait till after tourny to drop event
Hold tournys on days that events arnt dropping
Drop events on days tournys arnt being held

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
Given that this was previously approved and completed (https://potterworldmc.com/threads/d...rnaments-during-event-drops.12290/#post-80645), I am quite surprised that this occurred! I would suspect that this was a mistake. Hopefully, we can get some clarification on that though. :)
"So we totally understand how previously when launching events it would bottleneck the entire server, which was not great for ongoing tournaments. However, for the past few months we have alternated to a different way of launching an event which require minimal resources. Our intention is not to irritate the community, we're trying to satisfy the needs of both Arena with their tournaments and dedicated players, as well as the rest of the server with gameplay content such as events! While it's still not perfect nor ideal, the significance of our new method has not caused any major issues recently - though we're still looking into possible alternatives! I and the other leadership members really appreciate your concerns and trust us, rest assured we're trying hard to make things the best we can!"
This is the message I received.

Charcole

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: ColeTheCapybara
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
"So we totally understand how previously when launching events it would bottleneck the entire server, which was not great for ongoing tournaments. However, for the past few months we have alternated to a different way of launching an event which require minimal resources. Our intention is not to irritate the community, we're trying to satisfy the needs of both Arena with their tournaments and dedicated players, as well as the rest of the server with gameplay content such as events! While it's still not perfect nor ideal, the significance of our new method has not caused any major issues recently - though we're still looking into possible alternatives! I and the other leadership members really appreciate your concerns and trust us, rest assured we're trying hard to make things the best we can!"
This is the message I received.
Definitely makes sense! Happy to see the transparency

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
still don’t like it
exploring a new event right when it comes out is some of the better content on pw

even if lag isn’t an issue having the 2 two at the time is a terrible look

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
still don’t like it
exploring a new event right when it comes out is some of the better content on pw

even if lag isn’t an issue having the 2 two at the time is a terrible look
You're right. This is the reply I got when I mentioned being stuck in a tournament while the event is released
"the event will have a longer duration compared to a tournament meaning even for the initial release you'll have plenty of time to play it!"
It's not about not having time to do the event, it's just not a good idea to have two major events be released at the same time. Plus, this event had the escape room which we all rushed to do as all of the codes and everything would be known by tomorrow, and it just wouldn't be the same. Luckily for me, the event was disabled due to a bug and I got a chance to be one of the first people who did it.
And lag was horrible before the tournament.

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hello @TallBlondeDude! Thanks for bringing this to our attention! As mentioned previously from a response given, we've implemented a far smoother system of launching events which largely improves performance during these times. That being said, we understand the want from both Arena and event goers to have these times separate, and as mentioned before, we feel that this is an overall better option. We are currently looking into how to spread event releases and Arena challenges to ensure they do not overlap in future. To increase transparency with players on this particular matter, I'll be leaving this thread on hold and it will be updated in future with any updates on this!