DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Doctor Who TARDIS Broom Appearance

Sirax41

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Sirax41
Raven
So I have been looking through all the different appearances for both wands and brooms and I noticed that there was a Sonic screwdriver appearance for the wands! I think it would be great in addition to this to possibly see the TARDIS as a broom appearance to go with this.

Thanks ~ Sirax

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
I feel like if they did this they wud have to make the tardis sort of rotating mid air cause otherwise it wud just look weird. it also brings up the question on where the person wud be positioned, they cud be inside but then wouldnt be able to see unless in F5 or on top or hanging beneath which would just look a bit weird

Sirax41

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Sirax41
Raven
I feel like if they did this they wud have to make the tardis sort of rotating mid air cause otherwise it wud just look weird. it also brings up the question on where the person wud be positioned, they cud be inside but then wouldnt be able to see unless in F5 or on top or hanging beneath which would just look a bit weird
Hmm yeah I am not sure but they managed to make it kind of work with the Weasleys flying car so am sure they can figure out something

Archimedes Lestrange

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Morseius
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire SPEW
So Personally I love DoctorWho, and if this could be done in a way that would work well then I'd say go for it, tho honestly I don't see a way where this would work effectively as a broom appearance, under the fact of positioning and how it would work, the Tardis really doesn't Fly it teleports yeah it is flying in space and stuff but honestly, it really wouldn't really work. I mean yeah the thing is a time ship so it's able to "Fly" but the point of the tardis is to move through time. if anything this would work better as a warp Key appearance situation. like if you have the wark key appearance be a tardis key, and then once pressed it would do an animation of summoning the tardis before tping you, that would work better. I love the idea, but the technicality of it all wouldn't work out

Grace

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Vampire SPEW
Hey there!

We really appreciate your suggestion and feeling comfortable enough to bring it up with us! Unfortunately, we will be declining it. We feel that the TARDIS is a very niche item that only those familiar with Doctor Who would buy. While we like the idea, we want our store items to be things that all players would be interested in buying.

Nonetheless, thank you so much for your suggestion and we hope to hear more ideas you have in the future! I hope you have a fantastic rest of your day/night!

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
Hey there!

We really appreciate your suggestion and feeling comfortable enough to bring it up with us! Unfortunately, we will be declining it. We feel that the TARDIS is a very niche item that only those familiar with Doctor Who would buy. While we like the idea, we want our store items to be things that all players would be interested in buying.

Nonetheless, thank you so much for your suggestion and we hope to hear more ideas you have in the future! I hope you have a fantastic rest of your day/night!
I don’t understand this response. I agree with it being declined just because I don’t see it working with how brooms work, but the TARDIS is not at all a niche item? It’s probably the most famous object in doctor who, which is definitely not a little-known series, not to mention there is already a model for it, so an entirely new model would not have to be created.

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
I agree with Daisy here. The idea itself could work, I just don't think it's suitable as an broom appearance.

That aside however, if Doctor Who would be the argument the same can be said over the already existing sonic devices (sonic device 10 & 11). As their description is "Inspired by The Doctor's Sonic Device". If all players were the endpoint, I totally get this however it feels that between the suggested item by Sirax and those two already implemented there appears to be a dual policy.

Again, with all due to respect to the decision I feel that wasn't taken into consideration.

Anyhow, have an awesome day :heart:

Kind regards,
KipxSateee.

Last edited: