DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Domestic House Elf

Nicolas.V

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Nic30
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent
I spend my day making suggestions for the server and I'm proud of it today I was thinking about why the house elf is sick? why doesn't it have the nose and ears like all normal house elves? fix it please also I have to ask you another thing you could put the option to choose the name of the house elf and to change its model for example the house mouse would be very nice

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I never really noticed that the house elf in housing didn't have the 3D hat and nose on it, but I wouldn't mind seeing it on them.
As far as changing the names and model go - I'm unsure about that. Maybe if there were preset names for the house elf instead? So it could be easier to moderate as players might come up with an offensive name. Or it could say the owner's name and house elf such as "Dart_Nic's House Elf".

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello Nicolas and Psycho,
thank you for bringing forth your ideas. We really appreciate it!
I will now bring up and discuss your idea with the other Poltergeists. Hopefully we can get back to you soon with a reply.
Have a magical day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again @Nicolas.D (and @Psycho) ,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to this suggestion.
We are very happy to inform you that most of these suggestions have been accepted.
The 3D hat suggestion has already been implemented and will already be live. Honestly, the house elf did look rather sick without it and looks far better with it, so thanks for the suggestion!
We agree with being allowed to customize your house elf further by setting a different name for it, so we will be looking into adding that in the future. As we allow players to change their housing welcome message, pet names, etc, moderation isn't an issue here, so the idea of preset names isn't necessary. That's not to say we won't be moderating it, as having an inappropriate name here would fall under the Inappropriate Behaviour rule as well, but as we already allow customization it wouldn't make much sense to restrict this.
However, we don't want to allow players to change the house elf model, since a house elf is a house elf (like in the Harry Potter Lore) and being able to change it's appearance would not make much sense. We deliberately selected the house elf for housing, as it makes the most sense with HP Lore.

Thanks again for the great suggestions and have a magical day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Hey theree,

So it has been a while but as promised above you are now able to rename your house elves! You are able to use the command /house elf name <name> to do so. As the 3d model suggestion was already completed earlier and the suggestion of changing the house elf's model was declined, I will therefore be marking this thread as complete.
We hope you enjoy this new feature and thank you for suggesting this to us!