DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Don't base Tournaments on Minigame grind

Frebii

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Frebii
Griffin Phoenix SPEW
Recently a Sledding Tournament was helt where people who grinded the Sledding Minigame had a massive advantage. Obviously the Server doesn't support this since they already manage different Maps for Flying Classes and Tournaments. So why for Sledding? Either get a different map for the Tournament or don't release the Minigame at all, since it ruins the whole competetive environment. It's not about skill if you just grind and therefore memorize the same map over and over again.

So for future Tournaments: Please have this in mind

Vegas4K

Professor
Minecraft IGN: Vegas4K
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I don't think they should avoid releasing the mini-game entirely because people won't be able to train properly for the tournaments but I definitely agree that they should use a different map as they do for flying

Sunnya

Professor
Minecraft IGN: Sunnya
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
Different maps were going to be used for the sledding tournaments but they weren't ready in time. I do know that it is planned to have custom maps for these seasonal tournaments though. Keep an eye out for future tournaments!

suzie

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: 20zuzka04
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Prefect SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hello there @Frebii !

Currently there are 3 sledding maps in rotation and 5 arena sledding maps in rotation. The minigame and arena only shared one map, therefore we do believe that arena sledding tournaments are not based on the minigame grind anymore!

Thank you for this suggestion and we hope you have a great day!