DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Duelling stuff idk dont come for me

zZalt

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: za1ty
Staff Serpent Werewolf Arithmancer
We need more damaging and duelling spells. Coming back to pw after a huge break ive notice how the duelling scene isn't at all as diverse as it used to be. The aoe spells are completley un used besides venonox and some other. Everyone uses almost the exact same line up which i find very un exciting. The vision clouding spells are also not being used at all and its not worth putting spell points into them. Old combos that were creative and fun are also gone such as aguamenti and glacios. Transfiguration (something that has great potencial) is also un used. I feel like with the new gear system we should be more diverse than before but we arent? Only stat wise. I would just like to see an update in duelling that adds either more spells or updates to spells as i think the gear part is well done and fun. Lol this looks like me just complaining as i have no real ide on how to solve it sorry. (UPDATE: I think the spell tree is one of the biggest reason to this as a lot of spells either are too slow or too weak to use w/o putting points into them, especially when you arent able to put points into one specific spell w/o putting it into others. This makes spells that are far down on the tree almost unusable because u have to sacrifice so much for one spell thus making everyone prioritise the same spells instead of going for the ones they acc like)

Last edited:

Joel Crestello

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Joelowo
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I personally would be against adding more damaging spells since we already have a lot but I'm totally for changing existing spells. There are a lot of weak spells that could use upgrades (definitely transfiguration). Currently, dealing damage is the priority in duels which is why any offensive spell that doesn't do damage isn't very good (apart from recanto), though we should probably wait and see how dueling changes via the gear changes coming, mentioned by Deniz, to see if anything changes or will need changing.

zZalt

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: za1ty
Staff Serpent Werewolf Arithmancer
I personally would be against adding more damaging spells since we already have a lot but I'm totally for changing existing spells. There are a lot of weak spells that could use upgrades (definitely transfiguration). Currently, dealing damage is the priority in duels which is why any offensive spell that doesn't do damage isn't very good (apart from recanto), though we should probably wait and see how dueling changes via the gear changes coming, mentioned by Deniz, to see if anything changes or will need changing.
Have i made up that there were a ton more damaging spells? or is it that i dont use em anymore idk

Joel Crestello

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Joelowo
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
The reason you probably think that is because many spells have dropped out of relevance. There is the same exact number of spells, only except a couple that were removed in Revelius.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello @zZalt,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback here on the forums and apologies for taking so long to respond to it. I'll bring it up to the team now!

If anyone else is reading this, please do try to comment on this thread and tell us if these issues are still relevant or if anything has changed. Thank you!

Lynn

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Mireiia
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Heya @zZalt !

This thread has been officially accepted. The initial issues in this thread were predominantly caused by the strict nature of Spell Trees, which reduced the number of viable spells. With the release of Talents, we are happy to say that we have seen a significant change in this. We also have some more changes to Talents since the 'release'! We found Obscurio was not working as intended, so we have fixed this and it should be live soon. We will also be reviewing AEOs and their function moving forwards, in particular ones that are underused or too weak to improve the Talent system even more!

Apologies for the long wait for a response, but we are very glad you brought this up nonetheless, as we do always appreciate player feedback to our current systems. With this new information, I hope you have a fantastic rest of your day!!

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Hi hi, @zZalt !

I'm happy to inform you that this suggestion is now completed! We reworked Obscuro and completely updated it so that it does damage on hit. The particles around the targets eyes had been changed, the projectile no longer has visible projectile particles, and is a high velocity projectile (similar to bombardus), making it have a more 'concealed' appearance with an instant effect.

As mentioned, we also reviewed AOEs Blizzix and Magmify, and reworked both of them too! More info is in the gameplay update 1.7.4, which you can find here.

Thank you again for bringing up these suggestions and I hope you have a nice day!