DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Easier way to get home

Queeeni

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: morrgannn
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Description:Introduce a command called for example /home that a player could use to get to their own housing. Why: When players have long names or ign's it is a hassle for them to type /housing (their ign) every time they want to go to their house. Having to do /housing and then click on your housing also takes some time. So it would really just be something to make things easier for players. This is really low priority I just thought of it so I thought I would make a comment.

Sinelius

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Sinelius
Honeybadger
Great idea!
Also, would be nice to have a physical option to go home (similar how it was back in the day) as well in my opinion. When you enter the train and go in the compartment next to the one for London.
Or have an npc near the train that asks something (whatever sounds better) like: "Going home eh?" and its a confirmation box or the same icon as home from the housing menu. 😊 Just to add a bit more content to the train area why not?

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello, @Queeeni!

Thank you for making this suggestion, as we're always looking for ways to improve the server and make it fun and fair for everyone. At this time, I'll bring up your suggestion to the staff team and discuss things from there. I'll send a response to you soon!

Have a nice day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya @Queeeni!

I'd like to thank you again for making this suggestion! After careful consideration, we've decided to accept your suggestion, as we felt it was pretty simple and would be convenient for players. We understand that it can sometimes be tedious having to type out your username each time, especially if it is long, and we felt that this idea will help that. Additionally, we have gone ahead and started creating it! Players should expect to see the /home command live very soon.

Have a great day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Hello @Queeeni!

I’d like to inform you that this suggestion has been completed and implemented! We have added the /home command, as we understand this has a slightly quicker and more convenient way to return to your housing.

Thank you once more for creating this suggestion, and we hope to see you share more in the future! Have a good day!