DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Enable Ascendo in Quests

myrrder

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: zetuma
Dark Follower Serpent
I'm terribly poor in parkour, and my hand eye coordination just doesn't cooperate. I understand that some people really like parkour, but for me it's not fun at all, just frustrating.

I get there's the element of a challenge, but it's really frustrating and defeats the point of having fun for me.

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I understand your frustration with parkour, but with ascendo enabled in parkours, who would choose to do parkour over a quick skip?

Again, I understand your frustration but I simply don't think this would be the best solution to the problem you describe. If PW would even offer skips for parkour (which I doubt they will), I think skips should at least be worth something; but that's already a different suggestion.

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Yeah, ascendo would just be used to skip parkours. Parkours are hard, yes, but they're essential parts of a lot of quests. Lots of players struggle with parkour, and I can't really see how just letting people skip parkours is going to do anything.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello @myrrder,
Thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion! Unfortunately, we will be declining it because it's something we think would definitely be used to skip all the parkour in quests, therefore acting exactly like a skip would. We do not want to add the possibility to skip parkour to the game because these are often crucial parts of the quest that provide a challenge for players to complete. Quests are generally also built in a way that they are completable if effort is put into them, hence them being a challenge. We understand that they can be frustrating (I'm also not good at parkour so it takes me a while to complete parkour for quests and I do often give up and come back at a later point), however with enough effort they are usually completable and rewarding for the player who attempts them. Allowing skips would make the parkours unnecessary and remove the challenging aspects of a lot of quests.
Quests are also not mandatory, therefore they can be skipped without hindering the further gameplay. You can obtain xp, gold, materials and gear in other ways and you can do quests without completing previous quests (unless they are part of a storyline) if you are the correct level.
I hope this is understandable and does not discourage you from sharing your opinions on these forums in the future!
Take care and have a wonderful day! <3