DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Enabling all Floo Locations Again (Specifically for RP)

Should all locations be enabled on Floo or unlock once discovered by foot?

• Yes!

• No.

• They should be unlocked whether discovered by foot/broom already or not!

• They should only be unlocked once discovered by foot/broom.

Results are only viewable after voting.

diya_lestrange

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Diya_Lestrange
Dark Follower Raven
Hello,
It has come to my attention that the community that I had with fellow players who liked to roleplay on the server for years now, can no longer roleplay on the server due to the new update. Potterworld used to allow for all players to choose what they focus on, for example, some spent time attending classes and getting AC/XP while others just saved up enough gold to afford floo and spent their time on the server roleplaying, and some spent time duelling, levelling up, etc. Due to the new update and the locations being insanely expensive to unlock- roleplaying is quite frankly impossible. I have had conversations with several players who I regularly roleplay with and we barely even log on anymore because roleplaying is not an option, even though /ch rp still exists. It is highly impractical to expect players who solely RP on the server to walk to each location or save up enough gold to unlock each location as some people just want to roleplay without attending classes or trying to get gold. It used to be possible for anyone, no matter how long they've been a player, to roleplay as long as they could afford floo powder. Anyone could get to riddle manor, the Burrow, etc. But now it is simply not a viable option. I strongly recommend that the floo situation be reevaluated as a sizeable community who spent their time doing HP based roleplaying can no longer roleplay on the server. It is slightly unfair that the server used to be for anyone to pick and choose their interests and what they spend their time on to now be converted to a server that is heavily focused on RPG, quests, etc. Making it hard for anyone to do anything else. The sense of the old Potterworld is no longer there. What was great about the server was the fact that everyone had their place and the option to do whatever they desired. There were countless RP's, ranging in location from the Riddle Manor to the Phoenix Base to the Shrieking Shack. This is essentially deemed impossible now as it cannot be expected that all players know the way to walk/fly there- and it would take an exceptional amount of time to switch locations in RP if you have to manually go there without teleportation. I sincerely hope you consider enabling all floo locations once again, or at least allowing it to be unlocked once discovered by foot so you do not have to purchase the locations for absurd prices. I for one, along with my friends who I roleplayed it, cannot bother spending time on the server, trying to accumulate gold when our main interest was the roleplaying to begin with. It'd take hours and it's frankly unfair that it is so heavily based on duelling/quests when that isn't what all players want to spend their time doing. Keeping the new NPC's and quests from the update would be completely fine, however, the drastic shift from being able to access any part of the server to being limited to only places you can afford (very few locations) or being forced to walk is crazy. I hope people agree and that this can be a change that could be considered in the near future in the interest of allowing players to choose how to spend their time on Potterworld.

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
NOTICE: I am not a Role Player and never have, this is my opinion from that of a economy/collectible focused player and I tried to distance my post from RP and shift to all players.

Making all floo locations free is a cool idea, but I am a bit split. I think it is very obvious a change in fast travel is needed, and after 30 days of Revelius almost no changes have been made. This is a very simple and easy fix that can be activated IMMEDIATELY, as free warps are already programmed into the London to Ministry and Ministry to London warps and classes. However I don't think I am fully on board with making them ALL free FROM just discovering them as that would make the warp home system and other non floo systems pretty redundant. I think my position is to unlock these warps after hitting a certain level or doing a lot of quests after you discover them. While yes new RP players will struggle it will encourage exploration and doing the quests and classes; these warps will be unlocked in no time and will be free forever more :D .

Last edited:

Joshios

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joshios
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I do not believe people should be able to go to places for extremely cheap. I do enjoy the new floo network system, however I think some changes need to take place. I believe they should add more places like the vanishing cabinet. Secret passageways are a lot more interesting than just clicking one button to get to wherever you want. I do not think the floo network should change, but they should definitely add more ways of travel.

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
I do not believe people should be able to go to places for extremely cheap. I do enjoy the new floo network system, however I think some changes need to take place. I believe they should add more places like the vanishing cabinet. Secret passageways are a lot more interesting than just clicking one button to get to wherever you want. I do not think the floo network should change, but they should definitely add more ways of travel.
I actually agree with you on this, as a Utopian vision of what the server could be, I wish there were many many ways to get around more then just using floo or flying. I wish there was a subway-ish map of the world with a bunch of separate paths each emanating from the hub of Hogsworth. EX: Hogsworth to Ireland: you would take the train to London and ride the Bowleafs' into the Sunset to get to Griffin's Hollow and then take a magical boat from the river there to get to Ireland. That would be sooo much more fun that what we have now or a simple warp.

The problem is that obviously, we don't live in a utopia. Making an intricate system of lore based teleports is hard and requires a lot of building, engineering and designing. And frankly as Diya said people are leaving, in mass exodus in a lot of areas of the server, like rpers. Something needs to be done ASAP and frankly adding a bunch of warps from the warp key once you do a certain number of things is the easiest.

But yes, long term, months after release, it would be very cool!

Flippy

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: FLiiiPENDO
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix VIP
We're aware of the complications the Revelius Update had for roleplayers and our Roleplay team is working on solutions. Our current plans involve a roleplay hub (accessible from the Great Hall), where you guys will be able to travel to all roleplay relevant locations that will be built with new secrets, roleplay lore and more!

I'd also like to clarify our view on roleplay moving forward. All roleplay and roleplay related gameplay will be taking place on a separate "realm" to the rest of our game, and we're doing the same thing with events too. This allows us to create different types of gameplay for different players, while advancing each in their own ways, rather than them holding each other back and causing complications for each other.

We're very excited for the future of roleplay and events, and we can't wait for you guys to enjoy the variety of content coming soon!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello and thank you for your suggestion diya_lestrange!
We are always looking for ways to improve the server, so player suggestions and feedback are incredibly important to us.
As Flip has already stated, we will not be implemented your suggestion, which is why I will move this thread to Declined. However, we are aware of the problems that have been caused by the Revelius Update, in regards to roleplay, and we will be looking into some alternative fixes and ideas for this, some of which Flip has already mentioned.
Thank you again for your suggestion and we hope you will use these forums more in the future.
Have a great day!