DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Enchanted Ceiling in the Great Hall

Do you want the Enchanted Ceiling in the Great Hall

• Yes

• No (Please state why)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pankakes

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Pankakes_81
Griffin
Hi,
I've been experimenting with particles and an idea popped up in my mind about using particles to replicate the Enchanted Ceiling from HP.

Since this effect uses only particles, it is affected by the particle settings the player has, so people with weaker PC won't have to render all the particles.

Here's just the concept of it, if this would get enough people asking for it and it would get accepted, I'm sure the devs would come up with way better effects than I did:

1642879911872.png

As seen above, this post is less of a "making a suggestion" and more of a "asking players if they'd want this", so please, answer the poll.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
this would be really cool, but possibly too laggy, which could force people to turn down particles. even if it’s decided to be too laggy, it’d be cool if the ceiling could look like a night sky with blocks (though of course during the day it would still look like night, which would be wrong i guess)

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Wow! This would definitely be a nice touch to Hogsworth! And it is completely controllable for those who prefer to decrease the particles or disable them all together!

CraftyKanna

New Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: CraftyKanna
Dark Follower Staff Raven Vampire Class Helper Sr. Architect
Hey there @Pankakes ! Thank you for your suggestion and taking the time to create said suggestion on our forums. Personally, I think this is a cute idea and I can't wait to bring this up to the rest of the Poltergeist team to discuss it further. I will send another response shortly after we’ve received a decision from our leadership teams, until then I hope you have an amazing day.

suzie

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: 20zuzka04
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Prefect SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hiya @Pankakes!
I'm happy to inform that this suggestion has been accepted! We like this idea and see it has a lot of support from the community. We'll look into implementing this and we are considering making it something that a player can trigger, but we will look into server performance and if it'll lag out player. If we look at this more and see it isn't good for server performance we will re-evaluate and decline this idea, but we like the premise! As I said at the beginning we do like the idea of it!

Thank you again for suggesting this and have a magical day!