DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Event Chat

chaileyrose

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: chail3y
Dark Follower Staff Raven Vampire Lead Game Designer Sr. Architect Lead
I feel like it would be highly beneficial to have another chat channel that is specifically for events. I know I'm seeing a lot of people getting frustrated with the amount of event talk for the Spring event in the general chats and I feel like it would help separate those conversations from the rest of the community not necessarily trying to talk about the events. And the channel wouldn't have to change with every event that comes to Potter world, it could just be a general channel for whatever the current event is.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
Technically, talking about quests should go in /ch qc, so it would probably not be necessary if it was in the right channel. I think during an event, a lot of discussions are about the event so it often goes in global chat but if it was in quest chat, that would solve the problem. If an event chat was added, that would pretty much be the same as quest chat, but only used at very specific times in the year. Most of the time, there are no events so the event chat would be useless then.

Since it would only be useable at certain points during the year and it serves basically the same purpose as the quest chat, I'm not sure this would work.

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hey!

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll pass this on to the Poltergeist team so that we can talk about it and we will get back to you as soon as possible with a response!

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hey there!

Thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion. We value feedback that we get from the playerbase. At this time, we will not be looking to implement your idea. Conversation regarding events should ideally be taking place in the quests chat, so there is an existing chat designed for the purpose of your suggestion. There are currently a lot of different chats and we feel that adding another would cause more confusion.

Once again, thank you for the suggestion!