DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Event Feedback/Permanent Star Battle

If there was Star Battle, or a reskinned version of it, available all year, would you play it?

• Yes.

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • No.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
The new event is great! This new iteration of Star Battle is a lot of fun and a very well-polished game! It stops the only real problem with the old version: Jedi spamming. I've only played a couple of games of it so far, but it is such a great game! I'll be disappointed when it is removed.

That brings me to my suggestion. Why does it have to be removed? The team obviously put a ton of effort into it, so why should it only be available for a short amount of time? I know that it doesn't fit the theme of the server, but that could easily be fixed. Just reskin the bomb to potions, make the guns wands, change the map, making it Dark Followers vs. Aurorlocks, etc. and it'll be fine. It shouldn't require any changing of the core mechanics, just retexturing of the current game elements. This also leaves the problem of how to get enough players to have a fun game. One way to fix this would be to lower the max player count to 10, or maybe even 8 or 6. Finally, there's the issue of spawn killing. Maybe there could be a 5-second immunity when a player spawns.

Thank you for reading my suggestion!

Last edited:

ChimpyNut

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ChimpyNut
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Werewolf SPEW
I don't know if this is the right place to put it here but since it says: "event feedback" First of all I really like the event, I love playing it but there is 1 thing that noticed me. there is no protection against spawn killing. I have experienced it a couple time already but if a whole team is standing by the others base which has 2 exits it's almost impossible to play. So I would like to see something that gives you protection when you spawn so this issue won't happen again. But like I said I really like to play the game!

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
Yeah it would be cool to see a new game in /games such as a variation of Domination, but I can see two issues with it.

One, sometimes it's hard (depending on what time you're playing) to get a full game happening for any of the current games in /game. Meaning that other games will be vying for players to play them and queues may end up half full for over 10-30 minutes until others decide to move to another game to fill a queue.

Two, which you addressed - it doesn't really jive with the theme of the server since Domination is a Star Wars event game. How I see it is that your entire idea could be similar to a type of Spell Wars but for Teams with your idea of Dark Followers vs Aurorlocks. The maps would be different, but not island-like though. If they were able to create that DF v Aurors type of Spell Wars Teams game then that would be interesting, but I would still worry about my point one where it would be hard to get players to play other /games.

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
One, sometimes it's hard (depending on what time you're playing) to get a full game happening for any of the current games in /game. Meaning that other games will be vying for players to play them and queues may end up half full for over 10-30 minutes until others decide to move to another game to fill a queue.
I agree that it would be hard to fill a game of it. However, if they lowered the minimum players, I could definitely see getting a consistent string of games. I think the game could still be fun with as low as 4 players on each side. 8 players is definitely a fillable number. Quabbleball, which has an 8 player minimum, doesn't have much trouble filling up, usually taking a reasonable amount of time whenever I try to join, around 5 - 15 minutes. Star Battle has the added advantage of being a more familiar type of minigame, like Spell Wars or Hide and Seek. I can understand it could be a problem during less popular times of day, but any minigame is difficult to get started during those times.

LiviDk

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: lividk
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello!

Thank you for your suggestion! I'll bring your idea up with the rest of the Poltergeist team and then I'll get back to you as soon as possible!

Stay safe,
Leyak

LiviDk

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: lividk
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello again!

Your suggestion is actually something Droobledore and Danny wanted to do, but unfortunately, it won't happen for a long time. We also need to make sure that our player base is large enough to have a minigame like this all-year-round.
Thank you for your suggestion, we really appreciate it!

Stay safe,
Leyak