DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Event Idea - Attacks

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
This idea may be similar to the Battle of Hogsworth events, I'm not sure as I did not experience any of it.

If I were to create an event for the Potterworld server this would be the first thing that would come to my mind. The event would be full of multiple attacks, where clues and such can be found at each area where an attack took place.

At the beginning, there would be one (or maybe two) previous attacks on muggle houses. The Aurorlocks have found some clues as to who has caused the attack. They also find a piece of parchment with a letter on it. There would be a piece of parchment with a letter on it at every attack, and once you find them all they make up a secret message. I do not know exactly what it could mean, but maybe something along the lines of where a final attack would take place, this would be the biggest attack of them all. Without the message you cannot prepare yourself (or even get to the area).

At the Aurorlock's base, there will be a NPC which you talk to. They explain the basic story, and what they know so far. You then accept the quest they give you at the end of their explanation, and off you go! The NPC tells you where the first attack took place, and to go search for any clues other Aurorlock's may have missed.

After a couple of days (either for the story, or real life days), there is a second attack. You have been appointed to search the area again. You do this for every single attack, and at every one you cannot proceed to the next part of the event without finding all the clues.

I don't know exactly who the attacker could be, but I think it should be an original person that the server has made up (Lore). The attacker also has followers - similar to you know who.

Once you have all the clues they make up a message, telling you where the final attack will occur! You then set off for the location, and prepare to fight. The area is damaged, and you must fight and kill many mobs. You work your way through the area (depending on where it occurs) as if in stages, and at the last stage there is a boss. This boss is the leader of all the attacks. Once you defeat him, you could get a cool item such as his/her staff/wand (this could be a wand skin, or an item that shoots fireworks, maybe), or a cool hat if they wear something like that.

When the boss has been defeated, all the mobs/recruits fled in panic, and everything is restored. Damage will slowly but surely be repaired, and muggle brains will be modified if they saw anything.

This whole event could be done solo. Or, the whole server works together to rid the evil! I personally think it would be cool to have the whole server work together. Riddles would be a nice thing to have occasionally. However, if the event is to be done by yourself there should only be one or two riddles, as people can tell each other the answers.

Sorry if this is super long, but I personally love this idea. Let me know what you think! <3

Last edited:

andreu

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Andyreu
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent
Considering this is roleplay and allegiance related, it may be hard to fit that in with the current storyline and it may distract from the other events that have occurred and are occurring in roleplay. I think its an interesting idea, but if something like that is used it would likely not be for a while as the current storyline is going seems to be branching in a different direction for now.

(I'm not exactly one to determine if this feedback will be used or not, this is just what I would assume would be the case)

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I assumed that if this was even a possibility, that it would be in the far future. I just thought it would be fun.

Originally, in my mind, it wasn't to do with the roleplay. This was just to be a ordinary server event. However, I see (very clearly) how it would affect the roleplay.

Last edited:

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello Nyn!
Thanks for making a suggestion for Potterworld!
I will now bring up your suggestion to the rest of the Poltergeist Team, so that we can discuss it and get back to you with a reply.
Have a great day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again Nyn!
After discussing your idea with the other Poltergeists, we have unfortunately come to the decision to decline it. This sort of event cannot be done without integrating it to the roleplay storyline, and if we were to implement such an event it would have to fit into the direction the roleplay is going in. However, we believe that currently this would be quite difficult and it might detract from other important events, which is why we have declined your suggestion.
We hope you are not discouraged from suggesting more things in the future!
Have a lovely day!