DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Event scarfs

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
Hey everyone. So, I don't like how newer events give four "random" unenchanted scarfs. And I hate that some scarfs that were a tradition every year are not given out anymore, like butterbeer for example. To me, it would be better if we could get only one scarf from each event that would clearly represent that event, even if it was more expensive.

Miss_Strudel

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Miss_Strudel
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Vampire Werewolf Lead Game Designer SPEW Lead
I can definitely understand how fewer scarves increases the value. In my opinion though, the most difficult part of planning an event is having worthwhile rewards. We can’t have very many of the “models” category (hats, Wanda, pets, brooms, etc). What sorts of rewards would you like to see more of instead of having multiple scarves?

@Ivan_ what makes a good event scarf to you? Enchanted with a nice color and a name very clearly specific to that particular year’s event?

@oakstanner Aside from the scarves thing mentioned here, is there anything specific that “old events” did that you’d like to see again? Is there anything else we’re doing now that you specifically dislike?

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
I can definitely understand how fewer scarves increases the value. In my opinion though, the most difficult part of planning an event is having worthwhile rewards. We can’t have very many of the “models” category (hats, Wanda, pets, brooms, etc). What sorts of rewards would you like to see more of instead of having multiple scarves?

@Ivan_ what makes a good event scarf to you? Enchanted with a nice color and a name very clearly specific to that particular year’s event?

@oakstanner Aside from the scarves thing mentioned here, is there anything specific that “old events” did that you’d like to see again? Is there anything else we’re doing now that you specifically dislike?
hi strudel

Ivan_

Professor

1. The amount of collectables in recent events is too much if you ask me, even if we only got one scarf, there's at least ten other things you could get.
2. For me, it's better if there's a harder challenge to get the specific reward, for example a spell, like the amor vita parkour or magical maze. Something more exciting than just grinding event tokens.
3. Yes, to me, a good scarf is a scarf that clearly describes the event where it's from, and that follows the past tradition. It does not need to be enchanted, but it looks better if it is, that's why I mentioned that. And it should be just one scarf per event because scarfs are meant to represent that event, and not create confusion. Most of the newer scarfs seem pretty random to me, they are not memorable, and having four of them per event makes it so much harder too.

Ivan_

Professor
i agree - i feel like the scarves mean much less when there are 4 an event and nobody can actually remember what the scarves are. As someone who sort of collects scarves, I would much rather have fewer that I can attach memories to than lots that I hardly remember
I absolutely agree. As a scarf collector myself, I remember scarfs from years ago- from which event they are, how I got them etc. But for the newer ones, which I should remember the most, I don't even know that they exist. I sometimes see some of those scarfs in mine depot and I have to go to my housing to check if I have them because you just don't know by their name.

Miss_Strudel

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Miss_Strudel
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Vampire Werewolf Lead Game Designer SPEW Lead
Thank you for your feedback. I agree with going in the direction of making scarves more rare and clear as to what they are from. I additionally will take a look at the number of rewards we offer and attempt to find a balance of incentivizing players to complete the whole event without demanding too much time of them. A quick note that while the names of recent scarves aren’t super clear, the lore should have the year and event location.

Regarding your point #2- The reason we moved away from having rewards gated behind completing ie armor vita or the maze is due to a lot of negative player feedback. While this was enjoyable for mechanically skilled graduates especially, it didn’t appeal to the majority of our player base. Someone could spend hours on Amor Vita and just never be able to get the reward due to being bad at parkour. Others would not even bother trying. When looking at our feedback forms, we see a lot of unhappiness if we so much as have a medium difficulty parkour in a quest that is not required to complete in order to obtain rewards. I think we can potentially bring back having some rewards gated behind gameplay completion, but it would need to be something along the lines of an escape room or other non-mechanically demanding gameplay.

Ivan_

Professor
Thank you for your feedback. I agree with going in the direction of making scarves more rare and clear as to what they are from. I additionally will take a look at the number of rewards we offer and attempt to find a balance of incentivizing players to complete the whole event without demanding too much time of them. A quick note that while the names of recent scarves aren’t super clear, the lore should have the year and event location.

Regarding your point #2- The reason we moved away from having rewards gated behind completing ie armor vita or the maze is due to a lot of negative player feedback. While this was enjoyable for mechanically skilled graduates especially, it didn’t appeal to the majority of our player base. Someone could spend hours on Amor Vita and just never be able to get the reward due to being bad at parkour. Others would not even bother trying. When looking at our feedback forms, we see a lot of unhappiness if we so much as have a medium difficulty parkour in a quest that is not required to complete in order to obtain rewards. I think we can potentially bring back having some rewards gated behind gameplay completion, but it would need to be something along the lines of an escape room or other non-mechanically demanding gameplay.
Thank you. My post was about the scarfs anyway, so I'm glad you understand my point about those.

RainbowElfe

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: RainbowElfe
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
As a scarf collector, I agree with there being way too many scarves. Quality > quantity. I'd rather have one enchanted scarf as opposed to four unenchanted ones. They're just not as valuable to me. I'd like to say "I'm buying the ___ Scarf" and not have to clarify which color and event it's from. And it's true, the newer scarves really aren't that memorable. I often see people selling newer scarves in trade chat and I would think it's some obscure scarf from 2014 until I realize I already own it.

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf

thank u for ur indirect compliment about me being a mechanically skilled graduate

Cate

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Cateo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Greetings @Ivan_!

Thank you for taking time to suggest your idea! As we are always on the lookout for new ways to improve our server, your feedback is much appreciated!

While we didn't have a period of discussion amongst us Poltergeists, I am happy to say your suggestion has been accepted! This is something the events team would like to do in the future to make sure that scarves are more unique and rarer. This would make it very clear what event they are from in terms of how they will be named. In upcoming events, be on the lookout for new improvements to the use of scarves!

Once more thank you for your suggestion! Take good care of yourself! <3

Kind wishes,
Cate