DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Exclusive prefixes

Would you be interested?

• Yes

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

ColaCinema

Magician
Minecraft IGN: ColaCinema
Dark Follower Serpent Vampire
Hey everybody,

I believe it would add an exciting touch to our experience by introducing seasonal prefixes for recurring events such as Valentine's Day, Halloween, Winter Waltz, Butterbrew Carnival and more. This feature could seamlessly extend to any special occasion. These exclusive prefixes would reappear in the store for a limited time, allowing players to acquire them during the event. Once obtained, players can set these unique prefixes as their display anytime they wish. Notably, the prefixes will elegantly complement the house color or Allegiances color of each player, enhancing the personalized and festive atmosphere of our community.

I made some simple example's that kinda give a idea:
  • For Halloween there could be a Ghoul, Zombie, Ghost, Demon, Pumpkin or Wraith Prefix.
  • For Winter Waltz there could be a Yeti, Polar or Igloo Prefix.
  • For Butterbrew Carnival there could be a Jester, Acrobat or Juggler Prefix.
The prefixes should not be longer then what i have here so around 7~.
The prefixes should only be in the player's house or Allegiances color.
The prefixes should return every year, so everyone can get them.
The prefixes should work the same as the Allegiances prefixes but are exclusive to a event.

Additional note, this should be a simple addition to the store and should not require a lot of work.

HektorTM

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: HektorTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
eh tbh i dont think this would be good
any reasons for that thought? Personally I think thatd be a rlly cool way to enhance event related store releases. And if some1 sees a cool prefix in chat you tell them its from an event and that itll come back eventually. It would also be a good source of profit for the server as I believe people would enjoy having another way to personalize their character with a prefix that they like.
The confusion would also not be as big as with the other prefixes as they still have the house colours on so you could still see players houses etc.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
any reasons for that thought? Personally I think thatd be a rlly cool way to enhance event related store releases. And if some1 sees a cool prefix in chat you tell them its from an event and that itll come back eventually. It would also be a good source of profit for the server as I believe people would enjoy having another way to personalize their character with a prefix that they like.
The confusion would also not be as big as with the other prefixes as they still have the house colours on so you could still see players houses etc.

I think in-event prefixes are cool for the duration of an event, but once they become permanent its gonna get out of hand. It also makes it easier to confuse staff vs players, the border is already a bit blurred with arena but the "champion or MVP" makes it clear to a newer player. For example, take the poltergeist prefix (it it even a thing anymore? doesnt really matter if it is, more of proof of concept). While a veteran can tell both on color and on the title itself, a new player will not be able to identify the difference between a "Ghoul, Zombie, Ghost, Demon, Pumpkin or Wraith" prefix or a poltergeist. I think I would be more inclined to support adding event based prefix modifiers (ala professions) which avoids this.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
i personally never had a problem with WW prefixes being locked behind droobles order and to me that feels like a solution to this as well. In this instance it would work maybe like Tall suggested with a symbol, or maybe as a different prefix like WW was this year, and be available to DO subscribers for the duration of the event,
but also given the response this year i don;t think that would go down well
which kinda makes me questions how the original suggestion would be different
a;lternatively there could be a separate store item in each event that allows you to buy the prefix for that event (w/ adequate warning that it would disappear at the end)
but honestly that feels like it would get worse response that including it with DO (seeing as it would be making people pay extra for it)

anyway in conclusion i liked the way it originally was at the start of the WW event where it was open to DO subs, and i think that whatever happens it shouldn't be permanent bc chat would get so cluttered.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
i personally never had a problem with WW prefixes being locked behind droobles order and to me that feels like a solution to this as well. In this instance it would work maybe like Tall suggested with a symbol, or maybe as a different prefix like WW was this year, and be available to DO subscribers for the duration of the event,
but also given the response this year i don;t think that would go down well
which kinda makes me questions how the original suggestion would be different
a;lternatively there could be a separate store item in each event that allows you to buy the prefix for that event (w/ adequate warning that it would disappear at the end)
but honestly that feels like it would get worse response that including it with DO (seeing as it would be making people pay extra for it)

anyway in conclusion i liked the way it originally was at the start of the WW event where it was open to DO subs, and i think that whatever happens it shouldn't be permanent bc chat would get so cluttered.
I think the issue with the DO was mostly that the prefixes are a decently well enstablished community building tradition and it felt kinda jarring for that to become locked behind a paywall. I would wager that adding them to events that arent as community based or adding them in addition to non paywalled prefixes could work better. I do think a DO in game event symbol would actually go down pretty well in comparison, it could be something that you collect during the event and keep it forever, but can only use during DO.

Zmiya

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Zmiy
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
Respect others’ ideas and give only constructive criticism where needed.
I disagree because I don't agree? I don't like the current variety of prefixes for Winter Waltz, nor will I for any other event.

Thukkerlife

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Thukkerlife
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower
I disagree because I don't agree? I don't like the current variety of prefixes for Winter Waltz, nor will I for any other event.
Correct me if I'm wrong but this idea is meant to be a new prefix category right? Like you'll keep it forever like the werewolf ones but they're only in the store for a certain period around an event.
So why be against it when it can give more variety to the server and maybe even help getting the chats alive again(chat is dead around the times I'm online). It's basically a win win situation.
1. Helping the server in a certain way.
2. Increasing the money coming into the server.

Again if I'm wrong please correct me👍🏻

Greetings,
Jerrel (Thukkerlife)

Zmiya

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Zmiy
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
Correct me if I'm wrong but this idea is meant to be a new prefix category right? Like you'll keep it forever like the werewolf ones but they're only in the store for a certain period around an event.
So why be against it when it can give more variety to the server and maybe even help getting the chats alive again(chat is dead around the times I'm online). It's basically a win win situation.
1. Helping the server in a certain way.
2. Increasing the money coming into the server.

Again if I'm wrong please correct me👍🏻

Greetings,
Jerrel (Thukkerlife)
It'll just look super messy in chat imo. Valentines, Spring, May 4th (?), Anniversary, Butterbrew, Halloween, Christmas - if you had prefixes for all of those then there'll be new prefixes that everyone has to readjust to nearly year long. Anyway how I don't anticipate them approving this suggestion lol.