DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Exp

_Avatar_Roku

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Roku_Drakonhart
Dark Follower Griffin
I have killed vampires which are twice higher than my level in hope that they will give twice more exp, but they gave twice less, is it possible to fix that? Cause it doesn't really make sense. I don't want to spend 100000 hours on tiny mobs to gain exp if I can actually take risks and farm stronger mobs for faster level-ups. I'm really intense player, and I love to progress as fast as possible, so these grindings of little exp makes game a bit boring. In fact, my day 2 on this server has just finished and I'm already class 4. This is the sign of how much I fell in love to play here, but like really, there should be some solution to this. Again I really appreciate all the content you guys have provided us with, but faster ways to level up would be really awesome. Thanks :)

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
This is actually intentional :(. If you want to level up via grinding mobs, I would recomend to do mobs that are your level +3, which is the most efficent method of grinding. Otherwise going to class and doing dailies will be a help, but it is a grind. I have seen people go 0-80 in a month tho, so its totally doable.

June

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: juhin
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Master Arithmancer
^^^ Personally I don’t like grinding mobs, so I do my dailies and go to class for ac. I find it easier for me to get exp fast doing those things instead of grinding.

Concerning a “Faster” way, I do think its worrisome if you want to level up to Graduate in a day, which is impossible. The game gets really addicting but once you hit Years 6-7 and then graduate, you’ll find yourself having to grind even more.

It also hurts me to say this as I personally like to rush games, but try and take the game slow since it does become a very huge amount later in your gameplay. Imagine trying to level up one day with 3 million exp left …

Last edited:

suzie

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: 20zuzka04
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Prefect SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Heya @_Avatar_Roku!

This suggestion has unfortunately been declined. As said in the responses to the thread, the best mobs to kill are the ones 3 above your own level, which is intentional. There are other methods of gaining XP, such as doing quests or completing dailies in /me, and we are continuously working on new content which will create more ways to gain XP. Keep an eye out for GD blogs we release to see what some of this content will be!

Regardless, thank you so much for creating this suggestion and have a wonderful day!

_Avatar_Roku

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Roku_Drakonhart
Dark Follower Griffin
^^^ Personally I don’t like grinding mobs, so I do my dailies and go to class for ac. I find it easier for me to get exp fast doing those things instead of grinding.

Concerning a “Faster” way, I do think its worrisome if you want to level up to Graduate in a day, which is impossible. The game gets really addicting but once you hit Years 6-7 and then graduate, you’ll find yourself having to grind even more.

It also hurts me to say this as I personally like to rush games, but try and take the game slow since it does become a very huge amount later in your gameplay. Imagine trying to level up one day with 3 million exp left …
The thing is that I have reached level 80 in 8-9 days of nearly non-stop playing and I had to attend nearly all lessons and get O+ as much as I could in order to make this possible, and from my experience what I think is that, indeed leveling up shouldn't be that easy so that people don't graduate in one day, but nevertheless there should be some ways that involve high risk and high reward, you know? In fact, all those damage potions, foods, and stuff are currently useless cause there is no need for them, not sure what others think, but I would prefer to have a fight with a very op mob-like Ender dragon or whatever where I would have to team up with 5 or more fellow wizards just like in gauntlet that would make me die several times and consume some gold and resources for all the potion, boosts and etc, but in return give me a mountain of exp, rather than sitting and grinding for 20 hours a day like before, cause it was really frustrating, but I had no other option. If similar options of the gauntlet were available for early years that would reward mainly exp instead of gold, that would make it a bit more interesting to play. I know it does take a lot of effort to create new content and etc, but just consider this :) In fact, if this idea sounds too op, then just make it so that people can match up only with their own house members, that would also work. Idk, like doing dailies, and attending classes are indeed fun, but doing quests and grinding mobs is really frustrating, cause you can get stuck in a quest for 6-7 hours and not get anything for that wasted time, and as for the grinding mobs, how many times you need to click that mouse in order to get one level? It is a real pain, my eyes are still red even tho I'm now taking a lot more breaks from the game compared to before, but I still can't fully recover after that gaming interval. It is not the server's fault, of course, it's just I liked this server a lot so my goal was to reach the top as fast as I could, but I'm just trying to say that grinding is a good way of gaining exp, but there should be more challenging ways that would grant a better reward for the effort, you know? Maybe I'm just being too fanatic, but it's just my opinion :D And in case you think that this would make playing actually even harder, then just add a feature that would let graduate wizards get the job of teaching new wizards, like for every level progress that new wizard makes, the graduate wizard would get gold or something so that it motivates graduates to stay in touch with server meanwhile making an easy start for newbies. It would also fit well with the guild thing, like people would make their own guild, then bring up newbies to there and help them, so that for every level progress of newbie, the owner of the guild gets the gold and then he can distribute it among members or something. Idk, something like that. Sorry for long comment :D