DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Experience Potion (To be named)

Matias Varulv

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Mattius_Maximus
Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
So for a while now I have been thinking that Felix Fortuna a potion could be implemented into PW so that it grants 1.5x the experience you gain from quests and fighting mobs. Of course, setback would have to be in place to prevent full exploitation. The potion duration could only last 10-20 minutes long and would have to have an insane amount of items or a break time between collecting items needed to brew it. Another set back to prevent exploitation could be that you must purchase the items from a set Npc, and can only be purchased every 20-30 days. This would prevent anyone from mass production the potion. Most likely, the potion would have to be non droppable or sellable as that can also play a huge factor in availability. Please feel free to add to the idea or alter it so that it could be made into a wonderful addition to PW.
I hope that the Idea is taken into consideration to make The PW experience more immersive.

Last edited:

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
If it doesnt buff quest XP or AC XP I think it could be balanced pretty well. It is effectively making you 50% more efficient in grinding for xp over those 20 minutes, or a gain of 10 minutes worth of XP farming. If it was capped at certain levels like an xp potion for 1-10, 11-20, 20-21, etc, it could even be balanced by having it be crafted from recipes at that level. It could even be crafted from the "non-crafting" materials, giving them some use besides trading in for gold or use as a quest item. These might have to be non-tradeable depending on how rare the XP potion recipe is as well as how much bonus % it gives.

Matias Varulv

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Mattius_Maximus
Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
If it doesnt buff quest XP or AC XP I think it could be balanced pretty well. It is effectively making you 50% more efficient in grinding for xp over those 20 minutes, or a gain of 10 minutes worth of XP farming. If it was capped at certain levels like an xp potion for 1-10, 11-20, 20-21, etc, it could even be balanced by having it be crafted from recipes at that level. It could even be crafted from the "non-crafting" materials, giving them some use besides trading in for gold or use as a quest item. These might have to be non-tradeable depending on how rare the XP potion recipe is as well as how much bonus % it gives.
Love the idea! :D Lvl caps and recipes would allow for perfect balancing making it a valid idea without breaking/changing the game drastically.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hi, @Matias Varulv!

Thank you for bringing up your idea and to all those who made suggestions! I’ll have it be brought up to the rest of the team and discuss things from there. I’ll get back to you soon with a response!

Have a fantastic day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya again @Matias Varulv!

After discussing your suggestion and careful consideration amongst the staff team, your suggestion has been accepted. We really loved this idea, as we feel it could help ease the leveling system difficulty for players. We understand the current frustrations with having to grind mobs and having to overall gain a lot of experience to level up, so we really liked this concept. This is something that we will be planning for the future, but it probably will not be created or released until quite a while. Keep an eye out for any updates on this!

Thank you again for making this suggestion and I hope you have a wonderful day!