DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Experience Required for Level 80.

Volt

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Volt4
Griffin Phoenix
Don't agree here - I'm happy with the amount of XP gained from mobs and the amount of time it takes to kill same level mobs with decent gear - Mob Grinding should be long and arduous - It is in any MMO you will play - the problem is the lack of XP from Quests - Mob Grinding is more efficient - It's also as you said the lack of other content that provides reasonable XP for Grads.
IMO the issue is not necessarily that the mobs don't award enough XP, but that there is basically no alternative. In other MMORPGs there is always a handful of ways to earn XP efficiency. A classic example of this is running dungeons with your friends in WoW. I think that raising the XP earned is more of a compromise for the lack of variety in XP grinding.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
so I'm interested how many people have actually grinded to lvl 80 post-revelius.
Update on this - Last week I was Level 65 - I'm now almost Level 76 - I've not used any AC since I levelled up to 70 and I will be trying to just instant the last 3 levels (Approx 800/900 AC) - so like 2/3 weeks from level 65 to 80 isn't too bad.

Volt

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Volt4
Griffin Phoenix
Update on this - Last week I was Level 65 - I'm now almost Level 76 - I've not used any AC since I levelled up to 70 and I will be trying to just instant the last 3 levels (Approx 800/900 AC) - so like 2/3 weeks from level 65 to 80 isn't too bad.
I thought you were a grad, did you reset?

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hello to everyone who contributed to this thread - apologies for the long delay in response to this thread - we'll be going back and responding to some old threads to get them sorted out and answered. Thank you all for your opinions! We're really thankful to see all the different responses regarding the levelling issue brought up in this thread.

There were some really good points brought up about the issues with levelling up and we have been slowly working on improving the levelling experience for players over a period of time, and are continuing to do so. Since this thread was created, an experience update was released to better balance XP. XP gained from quests and daily activities were increased, and event quests, activities, and side quests give varying amounts of XP. We have a range of new content we're working on that will add new ways for levelling, and you can learn more about these through the previous GD blogs that were released, as well as some of the Droobletalks that have been released on the YouTube channel.

We can't wait for these future releases, and we hope the levelling experience has already become easier/more fluid and will continue to become so as future content is released!

tiggs_

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Jacooob_
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Did not expect to a receive an email notifying me of a reply 2 years later haha. Well I achieved level 80 but have since stopped playing PotterWorld, but hopefully this thread brings some good points to the table!

tiggs_

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Jacooob_
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Classic Potterworld
I must admit, a little strange it took 2 years hahahahaha. Tbh been debating returning back to PW after finding every other game boring etc, but I've been told by a couple friends that not much has even changed in the past 2 years.