DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Fire Dust Particles

MattyPoltergeist

Caretaker
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Raven Werewolf Linked
When you use Fire Dust, it's nice and quick but it just doesn't feel magical. It's an instant teleport without anything indicating you used Fire Dust. Though there *are* particles when you use it, they're very small and above your head therefore you can't even see them. In my opinion it would make it feel more realistic and magical if the particles were made more obvious when transporting :D

Edit: look in comments for additional suggestions

Last edited:

Kate

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: TbhKate_
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW Sr. Game Designer Linked
I like this suggestion! I think it would be cool for the fire dust system to be more like it is in the books, exciting and magical. However, I hope that adding particles like your suggestion says doesn't add a lot of lag to the server, though.

Joel Crestello

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Joelowo
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I definitely agree it would nice to have more particles/effects whilst using the floo, it would make it much more realistic. However, making it where you can select where you go and step into the fireplace is quite more difficult to do than what we have now. Now we have 1 menu which is linked to all the firedust locations, making it very easy to add and change locations. Making it where you step into the fireplace requires us to set up a menu which places a separate region (this is basically an area which the player can step into and it either performs a command or applies rules to a player (its hard to explain but trust me its complex)).
Hope that explains it well and why it'd be very time consuming to set up a system like this :)

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil SPEW Sr. Prefect Linked
Hello Matty,
Thanks for the suggestion!
I will now discuss your idea with the other Poltergeists and we will tell you once a decision has been made.
Have a great day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil SPEW Sr. Prefect Linked
Hello again!
Unfortunately, your suggestion has been declined for the following reasons. Firstly, we cannot implement a travel cutscene until and if we can get classes to teleport players to their previous location. Secondly, we do not want to implement nausea or blindness as that can be uncomfortable for many players and we would rather not prolong this effect. As Joel also explained, the whole walking into the fire system is quite complicated to set up and would take a lot of effort. Furthermore, this system could confuse players as the Professions Hub fireplace used to do which is why we also would not like to add this.
Nevertheless, thank you for suggesting this to us. We do really appreciate any suggestions given to us!
Best regards,
Aurora