DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Fix lag on new QB map

Deniz

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: DenizTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP SPEW
Hello!

Is this only on the new map, or also the old map?

I'm asking because I'm wondering if it's actually just one map, or if it's the game itself (I know you say it's the new map, but I want to hear from others and wondering if you were able to include more info)

Thanks for contacting us though! I hope we can get to the bottom of this :)

RubberButt

Magician
Minecraft IGN: RubberButt
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin
Hello!

Is this only on the new map, or also the old map?

I'm asking because I'm wondering if it's actually just one map, or if it's the game itself (I know you say it's the new map, but I want to hear from others and wondering if you were able to include more info)

Thanks for contacting us though! I hope we can get to the bottom of this :)
It’s only on the world cup map because when it’s the normal map there is no lag. I played a few games and it was always only on the world cup map. Everyone just has an extremely high ping on that map and I have no idea why.

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
I love the new map and many people know I love the new map, (definitely not because of the flag) but this is a really serious issue that's actually ruining my entire experience playing the game.

I'm unable to get good amounts of practice in, it's totally knocked me off track when I was really managing to get better.

The staff knew this map was laggy because on the first day it was released staff asked us about the lag issues and I really refuse to believe that this map got play tested without them realising that ping lag was a massive issue on it.

This map shouldn't have been released yet and feels rushed - if the staff can't fix the lag now, the map should be removed until it is fixed. It doesn't matter how long it takes, but the map isn't playable and it shouldn't be released again until it is playable.

Deniz

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: DenizTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP SPEW
Hi

Thank you for raising your concerns. I agree that our response time to this has not been ideal. It was playtested by the entire GK team, it just wasn't caught.

I've disabled the map for now until we can fix the issue. Thank you for letting us know, and we apologize for the inconvenience!

RubberButt

Magician
Minecraft IGN: RubberButt
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin
Hi

Thank you for raising your concerns. I agree that our response time to this has not been ideal. It was playtested by the entire GK team, it just wasn't caught.

I've disabled the map for now until we can fix the issue. Thank you for letting us know, and we apologize for the inconvenience!
Thank you for disabling it until it is fixed!

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Hi

Woo! Thank you for listening to our concerns here, I hope fixing it goes well for yous!
Sorry if I came across a little harsh in mine. I didn't mean to at all and I am very grateful for the action taken here!

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hey there!

Thank you for your concern about the new Quabbleball map, and alerting us to the issue when you did. I am marking this as accepted, as our dev team are working on the Quabbleball map in order to fix the lag and make sure that it is more playable than when released. We apologise for the inconvenience that this might have caused. We are not exactly sure when we can release this by, but we hope that we can release a better version soon that you can play on!

suzie

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: 20zuzka04
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Prefect SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hiya @RubberButt!

I'm here to inform you that we disabled the map causing lag when this thread was created and we fixed the lag on maps that were released with the return of Quabbleball, If there are further lag issues, please brought them up to the staff and we can look into it!

Thank you once more for bringing up this concern and have a wonderful day!